110 to 12v

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2448.JPG These are handy as Hell for a bench top and you don't need to mess with battery or tenders. This one is up for grabs if anyone needs it? Pick it up from Santa Fe Springs Calif or Ill ship it to you.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
A standard automotive battery charger should power a bilge pump with no problem and you probably already have one of those. I hook my pump to a car battery to buffer the load and and then connect the charger to keep everything topped up.

Exactly what I do to run my miller table.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the responses! I need a bigger battery I guess. This little guy will only run the pump for about 30 minutes and then takes over an hour to charge. I don't know if I can get both clips on the terminal lol. I had thought this charger could be used as a pass through so the battery was something light to take in the field. 20190202_154812.jpeg

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for all the responses! I need a bigger battery I guess. This little guy will only run the pump for about 30 minutes and then takes over an hour to charge. I don't know if I can get both clips on the terminal lol. I had thought this charger could be used as a pass through so the battery was something light to take in the field. View attachment 1676929

Your charger is way undersized at only 3/4 amp. You will need a charger that's at least equivalent to the 3 amp draw of the pump if you want to use the battery continuously. 3 amps is 4 times more power than your 3/4 amp charger. Even then you would be much better off with at least a 5 amp charger/power source to avoid shortening the charger's useful life.

Heavy Pans

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may have been mentioned......You can use a 12v Converter from motor homes and campers too...I pulled an 75 amp out a piece of equipment but it's the same idea. Some battery chargers will cycle(?) and cut on and off if you try to use one by its self the older the better....If your real bored you can build your own power supply pretty easily..A lot of online how to's.

Here's a couple of pics for the guys that like to find and use what's laying around like I do. You can find quality stuff cheaper at the scrap yard than you can buy new. You can charge batteries, or use it to power pretty much anything that you want. I haven't been able to hurt it yet. :laughing7: Just something to watch for when wandering scrap yards, I took this out of an older Arrow or Message Board on it's way to scrap. There are plenty of those sitting in back lots being parted out and these rarely go bad because they are inside the box out of the weather. Just throwing some ideas out there if you or you know of anyone with stuff sitting around, campers and motor homes are similar, they aren't always in an enclosure and sometimes just a plain looking circuit board..
20190202_234344.jpg
20190202_234302.jpg

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the responses! I need a bigger battery I guess. This little guy will only run the pump for about 30 minutes and then takes over an hour to charge. I don't know if I can get both clips on the terminal lol. I had thought this charger could be used as a pass through so the battery was something light to take in the field. View attachment 1676929
If you want the 10AMP inverter I posted in the prior threads PM me your address and I will ship it to you. Its the way to go

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trdking. Pm sent. Thank you!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The converter works perfect! Thank you Trdking!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread