First Gold Nugget of the Year! (video)

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My first prospecting video of the year! Man I missed playing around in the muck these last few months... I get to test out some cool new equipment -- a Gold Hog Stream Sluice, and a new classifier to help me work through the clay in my area. That Gold Hog stream sluice is forgiving... I essentially threw it down on a drop off, stabilized it, and started running pay dirt classified ti 1/2 an inch (Forgot the legs at home...)

Heavy Pans!

AJ

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Video and nice chunk o gold!:headbang:

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice video and gold, I run the same type of material you do, classifying is a must. As for the classifier, I have been making one like yours since the late 1980's, 2015-10-17 11.44.43.jpg It's cheap to make and you can customize it, from experience you might want to suggest the maker put handles on the sides like mine, I tried it the way yours is but it was to hard to use, after classifying over 10000 buckets this version I make has proven to the best of all the other classifiers I have used.

OP
OP
A

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice video and gold, I run the same type of material you do, classifying is a must. As for the classifier, I have been making one like yours since the late 1980's, View attachment 1700035 It's cheap to make and you can customize it, from experience you might want to suggest the maker put handles on the sides like mine, I tried it the way yours is but it was to hard to use, after classifying over 10000 buckets this version I make has proven to the best of all the other classifiers I have used.

Very Nice!! I had previously tried to make something like this... but prefer the metal... it helps 'slice' through the clay and it maximizes the surface area for which pay dirt can go through the classifier. With a bucket like classifier, there is a lot of surface area 'wasted' that nothing can go through on the bottom.

I dunno, maybe its just a shiny new toy that I like -- I'll let you know my thoughts as the season goes on and the honeymoon period ends.

~ AJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread