WHY

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I've been researching ground in Nevada.

There are several "companies" that have a lot of ground under location for several years. Paying full fees to BLM.

But, never recording anything at the county.

EVER!!! For assesment year after assesment year.

I thought maybe the docs just weren't showing up in the county online database for claims. Then I did find several that were so, maybe thats not the case.

I'm not a claim jumper..

But, in situations like this becoming a junior claimant does't seem wrong unethical or even amount to "claim jumping"

Not that intersted in ending up in court ...BUT?

Not supposed to prospect it...so.. no way to legally file the location....I know we've gone over this all before.

I'm finding this stuff while doing my due dilligence and discovering tied up ground that isn't really "legally" "tied up"

Or is it?

Thoughts?

:dontknow:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry but thats just not true.

don't pay blm and you will lose your claim.

What I meant was the claim might be closed by BLM, but until you record a quit claim deed or Notice of abandonment with the county, you're going to be charged taxes at the county level. BLM has nothing to do with that part. Even if the BLM says it's closed, they have no authority at the county level. Many counties keep the claim active as long as you file your documents on time at the recorder's office.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I meant was the claim might be closed by BLM, but until you record a quit claim deed or Notice of abandonment with the county, you're going to be charged taxes at the county level. BLM has nothing to do with that part. Even if the BLM says it's closed, they have no authority at the county level. Many counties keep the claim active as long as you file your documents on time at the recorder's office.

Mike, true but also some counties don't collect taxes on claims. Some look acre size as well to determine if taxes will be collected I believe.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, true but also some counties don't collect taxes on claims. Some look acre size as well to determine if taxes will be collected I believe.

before you can record your annual assesment. you have to pay the tax collector or have it signed off no tax due. The recorder won't take it with out it.

I don't have to pay taxes on our claims.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, just trying to make a joke that no one seemed to get, sorry about that I guess :icon_scratch:

I got your joke and chuckled!!! :laughing7:

I don't remember who had the problem(goldwasher?), and haven't been on in a while to see what happened with that....But, I remembered what you were referring to. I think...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread