Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Bonaro
  • 1 Post By logjam
  • 1 Post By Bonaro

Thread: Stanley TP-08

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2017
    23 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Stanley TP-08

Just wondering if any of you have used this pump to pump sand, gravel, and small rocks.

Was looking for a method to sample, and a pump capable of lifting material off the bottom and up to a box level on the deck of a vessel at seven feet above the water line...kind of a tall order for the jet log on my dredge.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1343 times
    I think you'd be better off rebuilding a pontoon boat with the sluice under the deck.

us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    1815 times
    Prospecting
    Its a trash pump. It is designed to pump dirty water, some sediment and pass a few rocks, stuff that would kill a centrifugal pump in short order. However, it wont be good and pumping slurry directly which is what you will be doing. It will work for a while but it will fail.
    et1955 and trdking like this.

Mar 2017
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    Its a trash pump. It is designed to pump dirty water, some sediment and pass a few rocks, stuff that would kill a centrifugal pump in short order. However, it wont be good and pumping slurry directly which is what you will be doing. It will work for a while but it will fail.
    That’s what I was afraid of and looking for an opinion from someone that has used one, not someone thats trying to sell one. I’m not trying to use one for production, but thinking of renting one for a month. Just trying to figure out if it would last that long.
    Thank you guys for trying to save me from myself!
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    1815 times
    Prospecting
    If you use a rental to pump slurry for a month you will end up buying a pump that doesn't pump anymore.
    Get a pump that will produce some volume and pressure and power up a jet or suction nozzle. It will actually do what you want it to do and not destroy the pump.
    You will be dredging, use a dredge
    russau likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links