Grizzly Gold Traps found new in the box.

May 19, 2019
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ED2F93FB-932E-4B3D-B8C6-E19EED6F3FD4.jpeg
I can’t believe I found what may be the last ever new GGTs. I was wanting to get my hands on a MotherLode and ended up with both a MotherLode AND a Explorer. Can’t wait to get it wet and as for the Explorer not sure If I’ll keep it or send it over to Ebay. 7AA24FA0-F80B-45F8-AA42-7C12C93C8738.jpeg
Ironically a treasure for finding treasures

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome!! Dennis is still making Mother Lodes BUT the mold is literally broken for the Explorer!

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
??? ??? I asked him quite a few times a while back if they had anything at all left in stock. Mentioned he'd add me to some sort of mythical list to contact me when he had more in stock. That was quite a while ago and I emailed him a few more times in between now and then. Haven't heard a peep and their site still says non production. Glad(and frustrated) to hear he's still making mother lode models. :BangHead:

OP
OP
S
May 19, 2019
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!! Dennis is still making Mother Lodes BUT the mold is literally broken for the Explorer!

So have you ran both? Is there that much difference between the two models to even be that concerned as to which one to keep or in light of the fact these might be the last should I keep both? Kinda leaning towards keeping just one.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
??? ??? I asked him quite a few times a while back if they had anything at all left in stock. Mentioned he'd add me to some sort of mythical list to contact me when he had more in stock. That was quite a while ago and I emailed him a few more times in between now and then. Haven't heard a peep and their site still says non production. Glad(and frustrated) to hear he's still making mother lode models. :BangHead:

He’s lost the last few months to medical adventures so try again now.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So have you ran both? Is there that much difference between the two models to even be that concerned as to which one to keep or in light of the fact these might be the last should I keep both? Kinda leaning towards keeping just one.

I own and love both. The Explorer needs less water so sometimes I have to use it.

OP
OP
S
May 19, 2019
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Grizzly Gold Trap web site is gone. Can’t see that’s where you would go to get one. I just listed the Explorer on EBay for a buy it now price and if it doesn’t sell at that price I told the wife I might as well keep it Hahahaha.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smoke is being blown ..that is why

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Grizzly Gold Trap web site is gone. Can’t see that’s where you would go to get one. I just listed the Explorer on EBay for a buy it now price and if it doesn’t sell at that price I told the wife I might as well keep it Hahahaha.
Ouch! If you decide on a reasonable price. I'm interested

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI .... To sell here you must be a charter member.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like my GGT. I wish I would have bought more when I had the chance but he literally disappeared....

He will never make money at anything if this is the way he treat and communicates with his valued customers... How hard is it to keep all the email contacts from the website and sent out a mass update once in a while? I get that he doesn't want to pay for the website if it's not being used but... I mean... really? If he were a serious business man and had already invested sooo much. You would think hed at least keep the website going if he had any real plans to come back o think he would. Heck emails are free but....

Oh and social media I heard is pretty easy and cheap these days....

Last post on their Facebook page was Oct 2018... He's not coming back. If he does he cost himself a lot of customers. If he wasn't making money before this isn't going to help..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread