first run completed with nugget bucket catching from blue bowl - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: first run completed with nugget bucket catching from blue bowl

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    773 times
    Prospecting
    You don't need a running stream to pan you can use a tub of water. I'm a little perplexed here, what I am reading is that you are going out to a club claim and digging up sand and bringing it home, classifying to 50 mesh and then run said material through a blue bowl with the tailings going into a nugget bucket? The blue bowl concentrates are dried in the sun, the magnetic sand is removed and then you dry pan this material? This is all backwards, you dry pan on location to sample which material is worth running, if dry panning isn't your thing you can pan in a tub of water to find where the gold is in the dirt, when you find dirt that seems reasonable you run it with a drywasher or a recirc system. The blue bowl is almost the end game.
    Last edited by N-Lionberger; Jul 16, 2019 at 04:36 AM.

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4706 times
    Prospecting
    [QUOTE=N-Lionberger;6244641] I'm a little perplexed here, what I am reading is that you are going out to a club claim and digging up sand and bringing it home, classifying to 50 mesh and then run said material through a blue bowl with the tailings going into a nugget bucket? The blue bowl concentrates are dried in the sun, the magnetic sand is removed and then you dry pan this material?

That is just what this industry needs, more innovation!
    mytimetoshine likes this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2969 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by zemetrius View Post
    i have a very nice magnet that uses Neodymium Magnets, great for pulling out the black sand. as to the gold in the sand concentrating to the sidewall of pan during the panning motions, this is not happening, not sure of the way of this. even when i tried to pan just a very tiny sample, it remained mixed in with the sand, no matter how small the test sample was, when i tilted the pan, the sand moved, and the gold within moved with it.
    After reading about all your previous attempts to separate your "gold", I am going to offer this: I assume you are identifying what you think is gold in full light. Have you tried looking at those same particles in shaded light? Just wave your hand back and forth through the light to shade the mix while viewing. I'm guessing that if you try that that most if not all of those same particles will lose the gold color. The "light test" for gold is almost infallible in that gold retains it's golden color in full and shaded light while non gold particles blank out/lose the yellow color.
    Last edited by arizau; Jul 16, 2019 at 12:55 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11878 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    this is almost giving me a headache

Dude you are doing this whole thin BASS ACKWORDS.

If I was going to a spot in the desert to get gold (placering, discounting metal detecting) these is the basic steps I could take. We are going to assume it is a known producing spot.

1. process bulk material. two options
    a. most complicated recirculating= recirculating wet proccessing set up
    b. easiest= drywasher

2. reduce cons.
    a. most complicated =smaller recirculatiing wet processing. i.e. small sluice , gold wheel or gold cube
    b. most frustrating and slower =nugget bucket
    c. easiest= tub pan several sizes of classifiers

3. Finish processing preferably at home
    a.fastest= blue bowl, wheel, gold cube or finishing "miller" table running batches of classified cons as segregated classifacation screen size
    b. slower but with practice just fine and effective in seperating almost all gold from the heavies= a tub, gold pan several small mesh classifiers and a snuffer bottle.
    panning a small amount of cons at a time of material segregated by screen size. In seperate batches.

4. After years of experience you will get most of your gold out of your pan with a snuffer. Before you leave your digs. Then run the more difficult stuff back home once you have enough to make it worth while to bother running it.

Obviously you don't have to listen..keep doing it whatever way you want if it is "fun"

But I will flat out say. My way is better. And will get you more gold. (if it is there)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180414_101145.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	1733560Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180414_101100.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	1733559

Promise Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160707_134357.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	1733558
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Jul 16, 2019 at 02:58 PM.

Charter Member

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36°60'
    5297 times
    Good advice Goldwasher.

Imo one don't really need a nugget bucket or a blue bowl once they get enough practice panning. But I'm a recreational prospector. It's therapeutic.
    Liberty is the Freedom to do the next Right thing.

In God We Trust

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3205 times
    Well Mica is notoriously difficult to pan and collect so congrats on the technique I guess
    Goldwasher and Clay Diggins like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Mar 2016
    2983 times
    What is a "Nugget Bucket"?
    Goldwasher and Jimoutside like this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2969 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    Here you go: https://www.google.com/search?q=gold...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

Charter Member

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36°60'
    5297 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arizau View Post
    I tried googling that yesterday. How's it work?
    Liberty is the Freedom to do the next Right thing.

In God We Trust

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11878 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    the best thing to compare it to is.

The governor they put on the go karts at the mini golf places....

Slows down what could otherwise be an enjoyable productive activity..

us
    May 2019
    Las Vegas
    39 times
    Prospecting
    processed material with my nugget bucket, panned out this little beauty with gold claw pan.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold in NB bowl.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	1734174 piece of gold in the nugget bucket bowl, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	same gold found with gold claw.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	1734175 panned it out with my gold claw. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big piece of gold.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	1734176 final pic of piece found with nugget bucket and gold claw.......just for the record, if you think i am doing this wrong or backwards, that is your problem, i am quite happy with the results of my labors, i have maybe 3 months in doing this, some of you have years........good for you, dont like how i am doing this, guess that is your problem

to those who were friendly towards me, thanks for the time. ok my time here is over, see ya all around, hope most of you find the good stuff. the rest of you can go dig in dry holes.

us
    Dec 2014
    154 times
    Zemetrius I don't think anyone was being mean or negative towards you. The best lesson you can ever learn about prospecting is success starts and ends with a gold pan. Its rather frustrating when you are a new prospector to get the hang of panning fines. Certainly modern gadgets can help reduce the material you need to pan but in the end nothing replaces the pan. Learn to love and trust your pan. I live in an area where only fine flood gold can be found with tons of black sand. It was not much fun.....Until I left my sluice at home and just took pan for months. I got pretty good at panning and what seemed impossible is now not so tough. Honing my panning skill was the best and most productive tool available to get more gold in less time with minimal frustration.
    Duckshot and N-Lionberger like this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11878 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    gee wiz I was just ribbing you a little... and giving you advice that would help you. With the problems you have brought up.

It wasn't about not liking or having a problem with what you were doing. Sorry.

The nugget bucket still sucks and that has nothing to do with you.
    Duckshot likes this.

Mar 2016
    2983 times
    I think I just heard the door slam.
    No need for drama around here.

May not be the best process, but whatever works for you.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    Jun 2010
    362 times
    Use a LeTrap rectangular pan! They get gold down to fines fast. I hate Blue Bowls, too slow, and feed mechanisms are problematic.
    I use a storm gutter Henry Henry with ribbed matting and that gets all visibles.
    et1955 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links