LOOKING AT AN AREA TO TEST & FILE A MINING CLAIM ON

Silveraith

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Where The Four Winds Blow
Primary Interest:
Other
I've caught the fever & am going to stake a claim up in the mountains near a creek. It's on Forest Service ground. So before I stake my claim I am going to do some testing. There is good water supply & signs of old diggings. My plan is to take an excavator up there & dig out some gravel near the creek as well as beside the old diggings. I will buy a highbanker & shovel gravels through it to check for gold values. If it looks good, I will stake my claim & bring in a wash plant. My plan is to get a big diesel water pump to pump from the creek to a 50 yd/hr washplant. I will dig a big hole for the tailings to run into so I won't have to deal with them. Gold Claimer Brand has a nice trommel I would buy. I'd probably just rent a big excavator. There is an old road going into the area & I am going to have to improve it before I can get a trommel up there. Should be a fun project. Once I get going I plan to build a log cabin on the claim also. My buddy who has done a little mining before is going to help me get started.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your forum shingle says you’re from “where the four winds blow”; I feel you’re going to have a tough row to hoe.

Mike

akflyer

Jun 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems you have this all figured out. Why are you bothering to post anything here? For every question you ask it seems you already have the answer and the rest of us are just blind sheep. The problem I see is your not near as bright as you think you are. If your going to just go in there and cowboy it, posting your intentions and flying your middle finger at those who make the rules will probably not work out in your favor. Ever heard the saying loose lips sink ships? The less who know about what I am about to do the better??

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drill baby Drill
pl14852184-remark.jpg

Test drill holes, or be like Toad Hoffman spend 600K to get 12 oz of gold

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I try to join this session, my console has an error code pop up that says.."Mining Simulator 2020 does not support multiple players".

What the heck?! ;)

Seriously though, with all due respect, you might consider going in ahead of time to cut your logs so they have time to dry out and season properly. If you decide the ground isn't worth your time, you could always just cut it up for firewood.
You might also consider fencing and gating the area so nobody falls into your trenches or messes with your rental equipment. It would also serve to keeping unwanted government visitors out.
If it doesn't play out, you could always reuse the fencing somewhere else.

Who knows there may be some good fishing there.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your forum shingle says you’re from “where the four winds blow”; I feel you’re going to have a tough row to hoe.

Mike

Actually..say in Alaska..it's a lot easier to do that type of stuff than elsewhere.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why didn't I think of that? A nice set of gallows will scare away any goobermint agents that may amble along.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Step one...get water rights
Step two...get approved holding pond
Step three...don't submit POO
Step four...not that you have to but submit a NOI
Step four allows you to meet all the folks that will inform you of the fine they are going to lay on you for that log cabin.
Step five....no permanent structures on mining claims since..ummm. I believe 1969 or such.
Step six...baby steps and with the right attitude many here could give you a tip or heads up on your endeavors.
Step seven.... many, many claims have neighbors that have lived in the area for decades and might just kick a new guys ass if the proper respect is not forthwith.

cliff162

Greenie
May 24, 2014
california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha big plan. No approved plan of operation. Building a cabin on forest service land. Good luck with that and the fines That go with it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread