Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck Rookman, and I think you'll get great input from the members here. Maybe someone will even offer to meet up with you and/or lend you equipment.
Are you experienced at prospecting? Sharing your experience level would help others respond in a more helpful way.
I'm near New York City so I can't help personally, but I'll be watching this thread. Post pictures from your trip once you've taken it!
- Brian

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while but there us to be a good GPAA chapter up there. Might be worth it to join for the year to make the most of your trip

Happy New Year and Good Luck

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Rookman, and I think you'll get great input from the members here. Maybe someone will even offer to meet up with you and/or lend you equipment.
Are you experienced at prospecting? Sharing your experience level would help others respond in a more helpful way.
I'm near New York City so I can't help personally, but I'll be watching this thread. Post pictures from your trip once you've taken it!
- Brian

He has experience. I had him on my claim a few years back. Hes one of the few people panning gold in Switzerland!!
He has a journal thread.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy New Year all!

Im thinking of making a trip to Montana in May-June to get a bit of gold.... Does anuone have any tips?

I will be travelling from Europe so would look to rent a sluice if thays even allowed? or possible?

Any thoughts would be great...

I could mail you a sluice to where you decide on in Mt.

If you cant find a rental. I lived in Big Sky Mt. for a winter years ago.

Look up Garnet, Bannack, Grasshopper creek. Alder Gulch.

Bozeman is a good hub.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more thought for you Rookman: The Black Hills of South Dakota aren't too far from (some of) Montana. The president of the Black Hills Prospecting Club (https://www.blackhillsprospectingclub.com/officers.html), Carl Doaty, used to live out here in the Eastern US and was an active member of our Delaware Valley GPAA chapter. Carl's a really good guy and - depending on where in Montana you're going - it might make sense for you to reach out to Carl and his club.

OP
OP
RookmanGold

RookmanGold

Dec 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks all for the brilliant posts... Goldwasher a star as ever offering to post a sluice! I will follow up and post back on progress...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread