Is there gold on the OTHER side of the mountain? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Is there gold on the OTHER side of the mountain?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2499 times
    Prospecting
    I use landmatters but it's hard to use on an android phone and my signal sucks here.

I like your off grid living website. We've been off grid for 10+ years now and still learning! It's been an awesome life change tho.
    gold chick and Hobbs. like this.

Mar 2016
    4976 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Just remember that the claim location map on Land
    Matters shows a partition of ground that has a claim within it...an important distinction is that the entire area shaded in not necessarily claimed. You have to go to the County Recorders office and view their claim location notice to determine the actual limits of the claims. Itís just a tool to get you started.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, II, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass X-100, Compass Judge 2,
    1217 times
    Gold Chick, you might want to check out your state's Division of Geology, or whatever it might be called. They will have access to maps AND historic publications on geology and minerals throughout the state.

us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, II, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass X-100, Compass Judge 2,
    1217 times
    Gold Chick, you might want to check out your state's Division of Geology, or whatever it might be called. They will have access to maps AND historic publications on geology and minerals throughout the state.
    gold chick likes this.

us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    1955 times
    Prospecting
    As an interesting bit of trivia....Your mountain is less than 50 miles from Confederate gulch and the Montana Bar, the location of the richest gold discover in Montana. Individual pans showed values of over $1000 each

us
    Dec 2019
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Garrett AT Pro
    176 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    Just remember that the claim location map on Land
    Matters shows a partition of ground that has a claim within it...an important distinction is that the entire area shaded in not necessarily claimed. You have to go to the County Recorders office and view their claim location notice to determine the actual limits of the claims. It’s just a tool to get you started.
    Ya know I was wondering about that, as the boxes sometimes only have one claim in them and are 20 acres (I think) big, whereas other boxes have several claims in them and are the same size.
    Hobbs. likes this.
    Survivalist, Prepper, Nomad, Aspiring Treasure Hunter

www.maximumoffgrid.com

us
    Dec 2019
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Garrett AT Pro
    176 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    I use landmatters but it's hard to use on an android phone and my signal sucks here.

I like your off grid living website. We've been off grid for 10+ years now and still learning! It's been an awesome life change tho.
    Landmatters can be tricky to work with, even on a computer. I wish they had a landmatters layer available on Google Maps, that would be killer.

Ah, I am glad you enjoyed my website! It's a never-ending learning process, I have come to find out.
    Johnnybravo300 and Hobbs. like this.

www.maximumoffgrid.com

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    4373 times
    Landmatters is a great tool, just get familiar with it. Then go to the county recorder website for where you're looking and download the claim location pdfs for the section that you want. Land matters tells you how many claims are in the section, then shows the info on them as well. But to pull up the locators actual drawing, you need to go to the county recorders website, which also shows you all of the current files needed.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2499 times
    Prospecting
    Yep landmatters is an awesome site, even with an android phone although harder than using a laptop.
    Once I get my cell booster set up I can bluetooth to my laptop and life will be easier.
    One thing i really like is being able to do my quick research on landmatters then cross reference with the lr2000. They usually match up perfect.
    Landmatters is much more user friendly and a plethora of info, more than I usually need to use.

To answer the question, there can definitely be gold on both sides of the mountain.

us
    Dec 2019
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Garrett AT Pro
    176 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    Landmatters is a great tool, just get familiar with it. Then go to the county recorder website for where you're looking and download the claim location pdfs for the section that you want. Land matters tells you how many claims are in the section, then shows the info on them as well. But to pull up the locators actual drawing, you need to go to the county recorders website, which also shows you all of the current files needed.
    I suppose it varies from state to state, but it looks like I am going to have to pay for the documents, just to even view them. Its five bucks an hour, or 50 a month for unlimited use. I will pay to use the service. Does your county recorder give you the info? Or is it free?

Maybe I am not looking in the right area? I have searched all over the site but the only actual docs I can find are thru iDoc, which is the pay to play. Don't wanna shell out the clams if I don't have to.

http://www.madisoncountymt.gov/
    Last edited by gold chick; Jan 17, 2020 at 08:05 AM.
    Hobbs. likes this.

www.maximumoffgrid.com

us
    Dec 2019
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Garrett AT Pro
    176 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    As an interesting bit of trivia....Your mountain is less than 50 miles from Confederate gulch and the Montana Bar, the location of the richest gold discover in Montana. Individual pans showed values of over $1000 each
    Too bad confederate gulch is under canyon ferry lake now lol, but people still find gold on the Missouri River.
    Hobbs. likes this.

www.maximumoffgrid.com

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    4373 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gold chick View Post
    So does the county recorder provide a map or coordinates? I'm really excited cuz I know there's spots that I thought were claimed up but only had one claim on them which means there is open land! Yay!
    The recorder has the actual claim filing paperwork, maps and all.

Dec 2015
    476 times
    When you are researching the area I would be on the lookout for maps or descriptions of the trend of the veins. When looking at this map I would go either to the northwest or the southeast from the known mine. I am not saying this is the only place I would look but this is better than just throwing a dart at a map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	293.1 KB 
ID:	1790925
    Hobbs., Boarteats and gold chick like this.

Mar 2016
    4976 times
    I suppose it varies from state to state, but it looks like I am going to have to pay for the documents, just to even view them. Its five bucks an hour, or 50 a month for unlimited use. I will pay to use the service. Does your county recorder give you the info? Or is it free?

Maybe I am not looking in the right area? I have searched all over the site but the only actual docs I can find are thru iDoc, which is the pay to play. Don't wanna shell out the clams if I don't have to.

Madison County, MT | Official Website
    It should be free to view the records in person..
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    11399 times
    Prospecting

Madison County, MT | Official Website
    Some states and counties are more expensive than others. Often that's based on budgets. Some of the less populated counties really can't afford to provide internet access
    In Arizona virtually all county public records are available online for free.
    Many counties have gone to a third party pay system like Madison County Montana. Most of those private for profit pay companies are actually different names for the same company.
    In some counties in California people sell their children into slavery so they can afford a copy of a publicly recorded document. (That's internet fact)

$50 a month is an unreasonably high cost in my experience. Most counties that charge are closer to $25 per year.

Heavy Pans
    Goldwasher, Hobbs. and gold chick like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links