How to break rocks underwater

Honkey3k

Jul 14, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Morning,

Last summer I found a honey hole while sniping. There was a 'V' shape that the side of the river ran through and I was able to pull out a few grams of gold while digging down into this 'V' formation in the bed rock. As I dug down I found a 3ft wide x 2ft long x approx 8" thick rock that is blocking the center of the 'V' (thats what she said). I had a 4ft pry bar but was unable to move the rock. The location makes it particularly difficult to get to since I have to dive down about 4ft to get to the area to work. This summer I'll bring a come along down with a strap to see if I can break it loose.

Do you guys have any recommendations on how to break larger rocks underwater?

Upvote 0

DredgerDana

Feb 18, 2015
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, TDI White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I watched the 1st two seasons of whitewater. Have they found any decent gold since then? At the end of the second season they finally got down to their crack and cleaned up 11 oz or so but never really showed much about them actually getting it. All just breakdowns and drama. Not worth it to me to watch all that anymore.

Yes last year was first good year for them, think it was 50-60 oz

This year am guessing 150 oz they have some great nugget videos. Blasting underwater seems to be the key this year, 1st two mins of 7 minute promo is them using SierraBlaster on big boulder under a waterfall. This video is just out on Discovery website to promote the Premiere on Friday, think one nugget is maybe over 3oz and handfuls of smaller ones.

Here is the link https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/go...&utm_term=grww

Cheers

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I watched the 1st two seasons of whitewater. Have they found any decent gold since then? At the end of the second season they finally got down to their crack and cleaned up 11 oz or so but never really showed much about them actually getting it. All just breakdowns and drama. Not worth it to me to watch all that anymore.

They are doing better than the guys on Oak Island!!! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions