Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a dilemma we don't mind having.

Heading up to the claims in March as the ground unfreezes in Northern Nevada. We actually were metal-detecting on the snow last month. If you haven't skied your metal detector along fresh snow I'll admit it's much easier lol.

Anyways the dilemma is we have a lot of digging to do. Found a couple of sweet spots that are begging for some manual labor. However we also enjoy the free-styling prospecting looking for that bench of gold in places that haven't seen a human in a long time.

Put down some roots and start making a hole or keep looking for that rich vein just dripping with nuggies?

Hell it's great just being out there like we all know.

Chuck

Upvote 0

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a dilemma we don't mind having.

Heading up to the claims in March as the ground unfreezes in Northern Nevada. We actually were metal-detecting on the snow last month. If you haven't skied your metal detector along fresh snow I'll admit it's much easier lol.

Anyways the dilemma is we have a lot of digging to do. Found a couple of sweet spots that are begging for some manual labor. However we also enjoy the free-styling prospecting looking for that bench of gold in places that haven't seen a human in a long time.

Put down some roots and start making a hole or keep looking for that rich vein just dripping with nuggies?

Hell it's great just being out there like we all know.

Chuck

a couple days after the big snow we had last year in the valley of california,( a very rare occurrence)..... I had the inkling to go detecting. Not thinking about the new obstacles in my way I made my way out. the trail was completely caved in, as it was just a trench cut into a sea of brush. now it was laid over the trail, making for a arduous journey. It would have been enough for a healthy person, but I should have stayed home. I had been feeling under the weather, and underestimated the severity of my ailment. I did conquer the trail. and I managed to find some yellow, but it is certainly not a fond memory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread