Just got this email from the C. Water Resources Board !! - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Just got this email from the C. Water Resources Board !!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3893 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    the HUC10 hydrologic units (watershed) come from the EPA's approval for states to use them for TMDL's in state TMDL plans,
    any watershed with 303d impaired waters can now be put into state plans with historic mining areas as the source
    of arsenic, cadmium, mercury even if the streams are not on the 303d list as impaired, they just have to feed into an impaired stream downstream.
    Californium wiped out all of their previous approved TMDL's in 2012, Oregon has been approved by the EPA to do the same,
    they have closed my claims in the Bohemia district to dredging even though salmon are blocked by a dam, and none of the streams are on the 303d list.
    the fight in California would now have to work on layers that have be piled on,
    they have been moving more and more towards, what some would call communism
    where everything is illegal unless its allowed...
    Last edited by winners58; May 16, 2020 at 01:17 PM.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    May 2019
    The Real Northern Calif.
    106 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by winners58 View Post
    the HUC10 hydrologic units (watershed) come from the EPA's approval for states to use them for TMDL's in state TMDL plans,
    any watershed with 303d impaired waters can now be put into state plans with historic mining areas as the source
    of arsenic, cadmium, mercury even if the streams are not on the 303d list as impaired, they just have to feed into an impaired stream downstream.
    Californium wiped out all of their previous approved TMDL's in 2012, Oregon has been approved by the EPA to do the same,
    they have closed my claims in the Bohemia district to dredging even though salmon are blocked by a dam, and none of the streams are on the 303d list.
    the fight in California would now have to work on layers that have be piled on,
    they have been moving more and more towards, what some would call communism
    where everything is illegal unless its allowed...
    Lets just cut through the crap and Get Gold . ….. I will. And Am . Legally ; ) So Be It .
    Wiggler .
    gold tramp and qmikep like this.
    "The Government is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding Government"

us
    gravelSucker

Aug 2011
    NY, AZ & NV
    Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike.
    234 times
    Prospecting
    Why waste your time and MONEY in the nanny state of Californication. Take your cash to Nevada, Arizona and Colorado. Simply put... vote with your dollars. It makes no sense to support a system that chokes the life out of you, only because they can. Vermont did the same thing, and dredgers took their cash and went to Maine and New Hampshire. You could hear a lot of businesses sucking air from the sudden losses.
    russau likes this.
    The view is always better with 500 feet of air under your buttocks.

us
    gravelSucker

Aug 2011
    NY, AZ & NV
    Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike.
    234 times
    Prospecting
    Just went to the Suction Dredge Permits page of CDFW and looked at the bottom of the page... why am I surprised when it reads "License and Revenue Branch, Main Office: 1740 N. Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834 | Sales Offices (916) 928-5805 | LRB@wildlife.ca.gov". They are just going to suck the life out of dredging with reg's and extortionist frees. This sounds like the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act of 1917. They printed the stamps, but prohibited the sale of them. Californication at its' finest.
    russau and Wiggler like this.
    The view is always better with 500 feet of air under your buttocks.

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    Grays Harbor in Washington state
    Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it
    1368 times
    Prospecting
    If they follow Washington state's lead/stupidity, after following Oregon, who followed California and it all starts again in a big circle of ignorance.....They'll issue permits but not before you file for an initial permit for approval before you can file for another permit and then charge so much money for the last one that no one will apply and then it's all legal and constitutional......go figure

3 years then I'm going to a more sane state
    russau, Wiggler and DizzyDigger like this.
    I'm a drinker with a heavy prospecting problem and I'm out of dirt again

us
    Oct 2019
    West Toast
    HF-9, X-Ray Vision (1st gen), LDDS-1x (lawn dart dowsing system)
    22 times
    Prospecting
    Akin to what a few others often say, Why are we even debating the minutia of garbage legislation; as though it is some sort of 'win' for the state to even consider bestowing the privilege of paying yet more "fees" (tax) for severely limited access to properties on which WE HAVE FEDERAL MANDATED MINERAL POSSESSION...

It is my conclusion and contention that the Federal Watershed Act was the death blow to free market mining some 90+ years ago, whether or not it was created for that sole purpose may be debatable; regardless, it's certainly the keystone for the modern era of stripping working class people from participating in an economy independent of ponzi scheme currency wage slavery. oops, did i say that? I'm just kidding Alexa, please don't call the thought police...
    No! I said "Don't call the thought police"...sigh..

Anyways, I am actually environmentally conservative and understand the state of affairs that inspired such legislation to be championed and adopted, however, the problem is that it never really stops the gross polluters, slows them down a little but with billions behind them, they get their approvals for their open-pit mine and eventual dam rupture which becomes the pervasive and indelible image for all things mining. But them is just my humble observations.
    Last edited by Paulo; Aug 08, 2020 at 03:35 PM.
    "I don't prospect for gold; gold prospects for me." -Paulo

"I don't always put quotes in my signatures...but when I do, I quote myself" -Anonymous

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links