New to this
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Green_jeeper
  • 3 Post By Reed Lukens
  • 1 Post By vpnavy

Thread: New to this

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2020
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

New to this

Was wondering if anybody could possibly know where to start looking for places to pan around the raleigh nc area. Tried the uwharrie forest but just dint know enough ppl or places to go.
    vpnavy likes this.

us
    May 2020
    NC
    Nokta Makro
    10 times
    Welcome from a fellow Carolinian! I live S.Central, dig/pan/detect most anywhere I have permission or the public places that allow. Uwharrie is a good place to pan/detect if you can find the right spots and they do allow most hand tool methods, definitely no dredgers or machinery. I have heard that the streams and tributaries around Badin Lake area have produced some good finds recently. Mostly areas downstream of the Midway, Lexington and Randleman Historic gold mine areas still have a good rep for gold and some say even a few small NC diamonds (very rare) also. They have a very distinct texture and you really would have to know where and what you’re looking for.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    4227 times
    It's a drive, but if you want to learn faster, spend a weekend at Vein Mountain LDMA camp. This video shows all of the different types of mining that you can do there, and there are always members ready to show you and your family everything about it.
    Last edited by Reed Lukens; Jun 25, 2020 at 04:22 PM.
    et1955, russau and KevinInColorado like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA)
    15438 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_jeeper View Post
    Was wondering if anybody could possibly know where to start looking for places to pan around the raleigh nc area. Tried the uwharrie forest but just dint know enough ppl or places to go.
    1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
    2nd - You might take a look at Forum: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.)...
    russau likes this.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4698 times
    YEP , I'd look into joining a club in your area for some good advice and lessons !

Sponsored Links