Coming up empty

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, and try to find a spot where the current slows down possibly by rocks or some other obstruction, may possibly have dropped some gold there.

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My only advice would be to dig deeper and dig many more spots, up stream and down....or........ find another creek :dontknow:
Never give up!...Just keep looking :icon_thumright:

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually find gold in gravel banks along the bends. The older and more compact the gravel banks are, the more gold. Best gold I've ever found was in this compacted, weird blue-ish colored clay mixed in with lots of rocks that I was finding in gravel banks after digging about a feet.

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm , sounds like a plan, I was thinking about going to bigger streams or maybe the Susquehanna river, I don’t know.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you haven't already.......do a google search "placer gold in pennsylvania". If you are not hunting in the places or areas mentioned then you are not likely to find gold. Most of the gold being found today is found where it has been found before...just saying.

Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread