Urban gold prospecting - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Urban gold prospecting

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Certified village idiot

Oct 2020
    Dayton Ohio
    66 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yes sir. HCL and a little peroxide. That’s my plan to start off. I’ll deal with refining the foils once I’m set up a bit better.

us
    Nov 2014
    Sevierville, TN
    Whites Spectrum V3i
    23 times
    I do the silver plate. You have to have a lot of scrap. I normally buy the silver-plate flatware (cheap) or other silver plated items. things needed are battery charger, stainless steel butter knife, salt, Hydrogen Peroxide, 2 any type of glass ware (I use canning jars). Go to YouTube and type in Silver plate removal. There are all kinds of ways to strip the silver off. I did about 200 hundred give or take did get a little over 8 ounces of the silver plate and what else comes off of it. Smelting the powder I did get just at 2 ounces of silver. I'm retired and have plenty of time to do this. Plus the fact people see that silver is going up so kinda hard to get good deal on scrap silver-plated items. Oh yes muriatic acid. No harmful chemicals. Go to Youtube it will show how to do the process.

us
    Oct 2018
    Central Valley California
    236 times
    I do this with copper. Not as cool as gold but I can get up to $100 worth of copper a day from free stuff on Facebook/Craigslist. Getting that much gold daily is just simply impossible without getting scrap electronics by the ton.

Ohiogoldfever likes this.

us
    Certified village idiot

Oct 2020
    Dayton Ohio
    66 times
    The gold is fun but surly nothing wrong with copper. I have been stock piling copper for a while now. Probably several hundred pounds or so.

I love the gold prospecting but really it’s valuable, semi valuable metals overall. Heck I even have a nice stack of clean extruded aluminum piling up. Like money in the bank. But money the bank can’t steal and the gov has yet to tax to death.

us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    1169 times
    Prospecting
    You guys are really missing out on true urban prospecting, I find gold, silver jewelry on the bottom of hills here in the University District of Seattle after heavy rain storms and don't forget about dumpster diving, I found a 1867 gold franc coin in a garbage can, with a lot of other coins but it is now worth over 560$ also I will add that I have hundreds of IC chips from the late 1970's and they are so full of gold, believe it or not some of these memory chips I paid over a hundred dollars for a 128 Byte memory chip.
    Ohiogoldfever likes this.

us
    Certified village idiot

Oct 2020
    Dayton Ohio
    66 times
    I have often thought about looking in the older parts of town for dropped items.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links