Gold Paydirt sold online, why do people do this? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Gold Paydirt sold online, why do people do this?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Certified village idiot

Oct 2020
    Dayton Ohio
    78 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I’m happy to sell you buckets and buckets of I searched pay dirt from my spots. 100% to have gold, and will absolutely make me money if it’s more than 5 bucks a bag.

Our ground is pretty poor but it’s still a blast.

us
    Apr 2005
    North Carolina
    Garrett AT Gold
    2512 times
    Paydirt on line is mainly for people wanting to practice and others that either can't get out and pan or don't live where there's gold. Now I once won some Paydirt on a show that was great! Every fifth bag they sell has extra gold and I lucked up and got one. Even if I had bought it I would have profited.
    2020 COIN ROLL HUNTING TOTALS!

Wheats..53
    Buffalos..0
    war nickels.0
    Silv Dimes...-4
    Silv Quarters-0/0
    Barbers-0/0
    Walker 0
    Bens- 0
    Kenn. 90%- 0
    Kenn. 40%- 0
    Proof- 0
    Silv. Proof -0
    Commemorative-0/0

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    33290 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have bought a little through time. Once I got some from Georgia and it had a pretty good sized nugget in it. I do it because I get bored.
    et1955 and Back-of-the-boat like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    7274 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    I have bought a little through time. Once I got some from Georgia and it had a pretty good sized nugget in it. I do it because I get bored.
    Same here, but I'm too much of a cheapskate to buy it online
    when I can find gold on my own beach, or worst case I drive
    10 miles to a spot with better, larger gold....well, not too big
    but flakes are typically around 30 mesh vs. 60 mesh on the
    river.
    russau and Gold4Mike like this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12904 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    i've sold quite a bit of paydirt.

twenty years ago I worked at a panning concession in Ak. we sold paydirt for ten bucks a bag to pan it.

It was from a placer mine near fairbanks filled the bags from under a grizzly myself. it was bagged "un searched"

after you panned it if you wanted to keep the gold we dried it weighed it and sold it to you for spot.

There were fines pickers and even a few pennyweight nuggets I saw over the summer.

We had thousands of people pay for the gold cause they just couldn't part with it after panning it .

Spot was like $280 that summer.

We would pan the troughs on our down time. The tourits were using metal pand unclassified minus 2" material. they were for the most part first time panners.

I almost filled a film canister with gold ..film canister remember those just under five ounces from what people missed. Sold it at a pawn shop in Tahoe when I moved there the following winter.

Considering the increase in spot It would be nice to have.. But I sell gold so, its hard to keep around.

Paydirt I sell now will come with cons that do have fines cause I dont feel like panning it down. Plus added plus 20 mesh with a gauranteed weight to the customer.

People love it they arent stupid or weird for liking it.

IT SUPPORTS SMALL SCALE MINING!!!!!!!!

And unlike money spent on say a vacation...or Disneyland if you hold onto it it will go up in value.

Most people who buy paydirt. would have to shell out hundreds of dollars (or more) to experience panning gold let alone the time and money it takes 98% of newbies to even get a gram of gold.(if they ever do)

and don't give me the "just by gold on ebay and put it in your own dirt " nonsense either.

That is not why people by paydirt.

It may be small and "fake" but, they still want the "adventure"
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Dec 29, 2020 at 06:18 PM.

Mar 2018
    271 times
    In my neck of the woods the gold is extremely fine. For mutiple years the only course gold we could find cane from gold hog paydirt, but as we gained experienced and learned we were able to find our own big gold, but I have nothing but great things to say about paydirt. If your gold is buried in snow like It is here for 7 months out of the year, being able to order some gold (sugared or not) is a great thing.

us
    Mar 2013
    79 times
    Prospecting
    When I first started prospecting I bought paydirt regularly... was a good way to practice, test equipment, and helped me to find real gold in the streams. I still buy 4 bags a year... one for myself.. and 3 for dad. Christmas, fathers day, and birthday as add on presents.

us
    Oct 2019
    West Toast
    HF-9, X-Ray Vision (1st gen), LDDS-1x (lawn dart dowsing system)
    48 times
    Prospecting
    The ROI on paydirt is always below unity; might as well quantify the value of a live concert or weekend getaway. It amuses me when I see that term even mentioned.

I imagine, the good ones find a way to balance the customer's experience and expectations with profit. I am only speculating but I have a feeling that 'the good ones' are probably the exception. Especially with the deluge of Abbazon sellers that game the system with MLM-style compensated reviews and rotating accounts.

For me, at first, the very concept seemed like the dumbest thing ever but I later thought about how it might be a neat way to 'scratch that itch' when circumstances prevent actual expeditions. Or maybe a low risk way to get the family interesting in the action. Then, when you do go out, they'll have a head start of sorts.

I dunno, people often do far more things costly with their money.
    "I don't prospect for gold; gold prospects for me." -Paulo

"I don't always put quotes in my signatures...but when I do, I quote myself" -Anonymous

us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    1972 times
    Prospecting
    On a family vacation to AK about 15 years ago, we stopped at a gold mine tourist trap. They had a well polished operation that included a narrow gauge train ride, sluice demo with everyone in costume. THe final part was a walk to the panning troughs. They handed each of us a bag of dirt and a cheap pan. I have been panning for 50 years and have trained my boys well. When the bag was done we started scooping off the bottom of the trough. The exit from the panning area was thru the gift shop (brilliant) and they would weigh the gold. You could keep it or they would buy it from you. The 4 of us walked out with about 5 grams, they said they never saw anyone get so much

Aug 2015
    Northeastern Sierra's
    1452 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    On a family vacation to AK about 15 years ago, we stopped at a gold mine tourist trap. They had a well polished operation that included a narrow gauge train ride, sluice demo with everyone in costume. THe final part was a walk to the panning troughs. They handed each of us a bag of dirt and a cheap pan. I have been panning for 50 years and have trained my boys well. When the bag was done we started scooping off the bottom of the trough. The exit from the panning area was thru the gift shop (brilliant) and they would weigh the gold. You could keep it or they would buy it from you. The 4 of us walked out with about 5 grams, they said they never saw anyone get so much
    My summer gig is teaching kids how to pan at a "dude" ranch. I usually finish off the kid's pans so they get the most gold. But I always pan the bottom at the start of each day. I just put the gold in a vial and give it to one of the kids.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    11125 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    We went to that place! Sadly there was a torrential downpour so they were closed

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2989 times
    Ok, you pay say $20 for a bag. Did you get $20 worth of fun / practice from that bag? Then any amount of gold would be a little icing on the top. Take that gold, put it in a seven dollar jewelry finding on a chain and for $27 you've had some fun / practice and a Christmas present that'll light up a kids eyes. Aannd! You've still got a bagful you can salt & make more presents with!
    Clay Diggins likes this.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Famous last words "Wow! Is that a meteor?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links