Upvote 0

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Mr Smith from Coker Creek, TN made a sluice from angle iron. He found a spot that had bed rock all the way across the creek, and put in the welded angle iron "riffles", I think there we 8 welded angle iron pieces, on a frame.
After 1 1/2 years he pulled the riffles up, during a slow summer run off, and got a 2 pound Folgers Coffee can of gold. I think it still can be seen on the GPAA, or Lost Dutchmen's show. Perry Massie was flabergasted.
I was there!!!!

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check this out. It looks like a storm giving us a right hook!

Righthook.jpg

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Mr Smith from Coker Creek, TN made a sluice from angle iron. He found a spot that had bed rock all the way across the creek, and put in the welded angle iron "riffles", I think there we 8 welded angle iron pieces, on a frame.
After 1 1/2 years he pulled the riffles up, during a slow summer run off, and got a 2 pound Folgers Coffee can of gold. I think it still can be seen on the GPAA, or Lost Dutchmen's show. Perry Massie was flabergasted.
I was there!!!!

I'll take things that never happened for $1000 Alex

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a tall tale if I ever heard one and I have heard a bunch. I was just talking a friend of mine out of trying to do the same thing. If you want real results you need some burlap and and some kind of enviro friendly oil such as cod or any other fish based oil.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”....someone else’s quote, not mine. We ALL want to believe that there are treasures out there and spots which might produce our retirement and then some...

OP
OP
Mine Shaft

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well went to the claim yesterday. I did more cleaning up of small and large boulders that caved in at the area i was prospecting. Did a little sluicing and came away with a little color 10 little speck's did not take pics of it. Maybe next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions