Dredge/Water Pump Transportation

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys...so I found a really good spot prospecting the other day and I want to take my high banker their but it’s about a 1/2 mile upstream and it gets pretty deep in spots. On both side of the creek is medium density woods but there are a ton of fallen trees.

The problems is my pump is 50 pounds and I would need to make 3 trips to carry everything. What would you guys use to get the equipment there? Should I just stop being a you know what and carry it there or is there something I could make to help?

I don’t have a four wheel but I do have a wagon. The problem with the wagon is that it wouldn’t make it over the terrain.

How do you guys carry your equipment?

Upvote 0

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use a one wheel game cart. But with the down trees sounds like you are left with backpacking it in. I have a commercially made game cart but the best one I ever used I borrowed. The guy I borrowed it from made the cart around a front wheel of a dirt bike motorcycle. It even had the hand brake controls. You could center the weight right over the wheel.

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The cart does have handles on both sides, so two people can lift it over trees if they are low enough.

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cart does have handles on both sides, so two people can lift it over trees if they are low enough.

Ah ok. Do you happen to have any pictures of it?

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to make a frame to backpack the pump. Mine is a heart attack about to happen. I have to hike it in at least 1/4 mile down the ravine. I usually do a relay type thing, take some stuff half way then go back for the rest. Lots of breather stops. Another option is get a friend to help with the pump.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
gamecart (2).JPG gamecart (2).JPG A two wheeled cart is much more stable and can be worked over downed trees and rocks one wheel at a time if they are not real large.

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I would need to make at least 2 trips and that would be packed like a donkey each time.

I like the two wheel cart. The trees they are falling are all pretty small so that might work.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use a pack frame and a wheel barrow, whenever possible I float it up.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
get a small boat or kayak and float it up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread