Australian mining company strikes visible gold vein in 215m deep core samples

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
odyssey_gold_ripper3.jpg odyssey_gold_ripper2-640x360.jpg

In its first diamond drill hole targeting the untested eastern extension of Bottle Dump, Odyssey (ASX:ODY) has intersected significant visible gold in a 70m step-out at a depth of 215m.

Samples have been sent to Perth for immediate assaying, with Odyssey’s executive director Matt Syme saying the impressive visible gold intersected at Bottle Dump confirmed the strong potential of the project to host high-grade gold mineralisation.

Significant mineralisation has also been intersected in other step-out drill holes at the Tuckanarra project including a 13m interval of 3.9 grams of gold per tonne (g/t) at a depth of 190m including a 5m interval of 9g/t gold from 198m.

For context, anything over 5g/t is considered high grade and at today’s gold price even anything as low as 1-2g/t can be profitable for miners.

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/odyssey-strikes-significant-visible-gold-at-bottle-dump/

Upvote 0

BoydBros

Jul 28, 2019
Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab GoldMonster 1000
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How much is that cross section worth as a specimen piece?

OP
OP
F

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much is that cross section worth as a specimen piece?

Must be millions, I've never seen a core drill sample that rich in gold before. the drillers are usually happy just seeing a few flakes not a full blown vein like that. Makes you wonder just how much gold is still left underneath the ground hundreds or thousands of meters below, some lucky ******* is one day is going to be drilling and finding an entire core sample that's just all solid gold.

Last edited:

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It all comes down to the cost to get there and mine it, on the river I mine they did core samples on the place they were going to build a dam and a 4 inch vein of gold was found and that sample is at the geology dept. of the University of Washington. Sadly the dam was built on top of the deposit, I knew several old timers that mined that area before the dam was built and if they are to be believed they found coffee cans full of gold using hydraulic mining in the area, My best friend worked on the dam and confirmed the stories and saw the gold and he has one of the monitors used to hydraulic mine the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread