Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
For me , I would prefer to screen the material finer and slow the water down instead of roughing up the plastic or adding anything to try to help save the finer gold . Let the device capture the fine gold like it was intended. Just my thought's.

OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me , I would prefer to screen the material finer and slow the water down instead of roughing up the plastic or adding anything to try to help save the finer gold . Let the device capture the fine gold like it was intended. Just my thought's.

That’s how I’ve used it to date. All my stuff is classified to 1/4 or smaller. We get lots of super thin flat flakes here they don’t like to stay put. Hoping to help keep them stuck.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ditto russau.... work on refining your flow, those drop riffle boxes don't loose much and what they may loose isn't worth your time and trouble anyways.....jmo

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck trying to get those little golden surfboards to stay put.

You could try using some waterproof double sided tape to attach fine miners moss or scotch brite down onto the first two riffles and then install a flap of rubber over them using the top of the sides of your sluice to run something across to attach the top end of the flap to hold it in place.

The flap will then help allow the fine gold to drop out of suspension and settle down into the miners moss where hopefully it will stay put.
I'm talking about a single flap the width of your sluice and only 6" long. The flap should also help smooth out the turbulence.

The tape will allow you to easily remove the miners moss for clean up.

GG~

Last edited:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used on on the NSR outside Edmonton which is known for its fine gold. The "trick" was to actually increase water flow in the Le Trap.

OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used on on the NSR outside Edmonton which is known for its fine gold. The "trick" was to actually increase water flow in the Le Trap.

Oh dear god..... is this THE MeMiner?

Lol

Thanks for the info. I could see how that would work. I’ll give it a shot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions