Nuggets!! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Nuggets!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2016
    29 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    We have diamondbacks and the occasional mohave green doing rodent patrol for us in our yard.
    We have had them keeping us company for many years now.
    We walk within a few feet of them, and they have never gotten aggressive. We did relocate some a few years back when they kind of adopted the garage
    Not always the same ones I'm sure. We watch out for them when we're outside and listen of course. We don't invade their space too closely and they leave us be.
    That's the cool thing about rattlers though...you almost always get a warning...I think I'd be much more nervous around snakes in other parts of the country, like water snakes for example
    I swear critters seem to know if they can trust you not to hurt them. I put water out for the birds and other critters every morning and am surrounded by honey bees when filling the tub. Many are Africanized.
    They land on me to check me out, but never sting me. I even fish them out of the water if they fall in.
    Some of them seem to think they are aquabees.
    Point is, if you have healthy respect for them, its unlikely they will mess with you.
    I grew up terrified of spiders and snakes and bees, now I can hold tarantulas and most other arachnids and insects, our ball python and other non venomous snakes.
    I do not attempt to hold rattlesnakes however!
    There is a limit! Lol

us
    May 2015
    Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
    Garrett AT Gold
    149 times
    gold
    Ok I'll bite, post your proof. They like all animals except man only bite to defend themselves and most bites occur because the person tried to kill them. The meanest animal on this planet is MAN just watch the news.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_watersnake

us
    May 2015
    Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
    Garrett AT Gold
    149 times
    gold
    Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    We have diamondbacks and the occasional mohave green doing rodent patrol for us in our yard.
    We have had them keeping us company for many years now.
    We walk within a few feet of them, and they have never gotten aggressive. We did relocate some a few years back when they kind of adopted the garage
    Not always the same ones I'm sure. We watch out for them when we're outside and listen of course. We don't invade their space too closely and they leave us be.
    That's the cool thing about rattlers though...you almost always get a warning...I think I'd be much more nervous around snakes in other parts of the country, like water snakes for example
    I swear critters seem to know if they can trust you not to hurt them. I put water out for the birds and other critters every morning and am surrounded by honey bees when filling the tub. Many are Africanized.
    They land on me to check me out, but never sting me. I even fish them out of the water if they fall in.
    Some of them seem to think they are aquabees.
    Point is, if you have healthy respect for them, its unlikely they will mess with you.
    I grew up terrified of spiders and snakes and bees, now I can hold tarantulas and most other arachnids and insects, our ball python and other non venomous snakes.
    I do not attempt to hold rattlesnakes however!
    There is a limit! Lol

Well said. That has been my experiance as well. When you go into the wilderness there is only one completely unpredictable animal you must watch out for other humans.
    russau likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links