12 24 07 013.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 732
Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats good, keep up the good work! 8)
You run a sluice?

OP
OP
B

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
Yes, an old keene I've had for 15 years. I'll start dredging in spring when I get a permit. I should have some better results then.

Attachments

• 12 11 07 012.jpg
    12 11 07 012.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 741

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,youve got the fever!!!After a long day dredging I close my eyes and replay the days events over and over!!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact F&G,they can answer that and send you a copy of the regulations.It Differs from area to area,in my country anything west of Hwy.49 is open year round

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Bigfish,

I think I found a crawdad just to the right of center, beneath where the reflection is showing, against this side of a stone... a tad to the right of the yellow gleam.

Is that it?

R M P T R

OP
OP
B

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
rmptr said:
Bigfish,

I think I found a crawdad just to the right of center, beneath where the reflection is showing, against this side of a stone... a tad to the right of the yellow gleam.

Is that it?

R M P T R
Bingo! And they are tasty!

Tarkus

Dec 23, 2007
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Whites GM3, 3&4" dredges building a 6"
The Craw fish-dads on the Merced in late summer were as big as some lobsters served in restaurants and very tasty, a great change of pace from camp food.
The small mouth bass would line up behind the dredges and slurp up the craw fish as we sucked them through the sluices.

OP
OP
B

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
Tarkus said:
The Craw fish-dads on the Merced in late summer were as big as some lobsters served in restaurants and very tasty, a great change of pace from camp food.
The small mouth bass would line up behind the dredges and slurp up the craw fish as we sucked them through the sluices.
I love crawdads, I set traps on the feather river every year. I keep the carp, pike, I catch while bass, trout fishing and stuff them the traps. I had as many as 60 bugs in one trap. These are the big blue crawdads. Not those small red, ditch ones. We can eat the claws on most. Here's a small one in my tank. They make great pets.

Attachments

• Picture 197.jpg
    Picture 197.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 534

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread