I couldnt stand it!

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
I couldn't stand it!

I couldn't sit around all day today, so I put on my waders and headed to the creek. I stopped by the owners place to pick up the keys to the gate and he invited me in. He's very knowledgeable about the river, having dealt with DFG and any other agency trying to restrict his boulder,rock buisness. He took me around his yard to show me his equipment and tools that he uses to move the monster boulders that he sells. I didn't realize he had done as much prospecting and detecting as he has. So I spent some time to learn as much as I could about the history and regulations of the area. I only worked a few spots, maybe 2 buckets of material, but the real treasure was what he shared with me. Please note that I DID NOT FIND THIS COIN, he found it with one of his 5 Garrett units on the creek. He said he found it with a detector and sent about an hour to pull it out of a crack, and it's condition is remarkable! The gold in the vial he found, and also came from the creek, so that gives me a lot of hope for when I do dredge this spring.I can't get over how fine it's condition is.

Attachments

• 12 30 07 007.jpg
    12 30 07 007.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 607
  • 12 30 07 010.jpg
    12 30 07 010.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 611
Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
Re: I couldn't stand it!

and

Attachments

• 12 30 07 023.jpg
    12 30 07 023.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 608
  • 12 30 07 022.jpg
    12 30 07 022.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 605
  • 12 30 07 015.jpg
    12 30 07 015.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 608

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o :o :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8)

[size=10pt]WOW!!![/size]

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now thats cool!!!I dont say this very often but I Envy ya!!That equiptment could still be used!!!Did he dredge???

OP
OP
B

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx

He had a 5" dredge

under some plastic, and a total of 5 detectors in his office. He has let others dredge the creek, but it sounded as if he hadn't used it on his own creek. He got most of those nuggets from the guy that he let work it.

Tarkus

Dec 23, 2007
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Whites GM3, 3&4" dredges building a 6"

Envious.
Your access to private land with creek in N.Cal and a sympathetic land owner, damb.
If open I'd be putting on a heavy wet-suit and throwing the dredge in, I'm further south, waters warmer, gold smaller.
I'll be putting my machines in next week or the week after, in my stream(seasonal)for testing and spotting. Panned a bit on my property but never dredged it, good looking bedrock and with places like "Gold creek" washing in up stream from me I'm hopfull
If you need some help this summer let me know I don't mind the drive. Good luck

OP
OP
B

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx

Tarkus said:
Envious.
Your access to private land with creek in N.Cal and a sympathetic land owner, damb.
If open I'd be putting on a heavy wet-suit and throwing the dredge in, I'm further south, waters warmer, gold smaller.
I'll be putting my machines in next week or the week after, in my stream(seasonal)for testing and spotting. Panned a bit on my property but never dredged it, good looking bedrock and with places like "Gold creek" washing in up stream from me I'm hopfull
If you need some help this summer let me know I don't mind the drive. Good luck
I like your thinking. I dont have a permit yet and there are salmon spawning beds that the owner would like to leave alone until spring. I am watching the water levels and they react quickly to rain so it could be scarry if your not prepared. He has brought up the idea of allowing others in, but I want all the gold for myself! (kidding mostly) Keep us posted on your adventures. I love to see gold and the places it was found. Kruger, you have any photos?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ive got a couple I can put up,I dont like to "Brag",too much about gold if ya know what I mean. ;)

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Awsome post. A million thanks ,for sharing the pictures!! 8)

Tarkus

Dec 23, 2007
So Cal
Detector(s) used

Heading up to my place today to feed bees (I run about 75-100 hives) and scope out spots to put dredges in.
I'll try and post some pic's.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY, and may we all find the treasures of our dreams.

Tarkus

Dec 23, 2007
So Cal
Detector(s) used

I tried to post some photos of my outing on New years day and found my cameras resolution was to high.
Here are some pictures of the stream running through my place taken this afternoon, its open all year for dredging and winter brings enough water to do so. Waiting for my permit
hope there not to grainy

Attachments

• Canyon 004.jpg
    Canyon 004.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 438

Tarkus

Dec 23, 2007
So Cal
Detector(s) used

That didn't work very well
Canyon 005.jpg

OP
OP
B

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx

Good looking creek. I don't see any bedrock though. I hope it's not to far down. Have you applied for a permit yet? I need to soon. It quit raining and blowing up here, so I'm going to my creek to check out the damage. I'll take a chainsaw just in case.

Tarkus

Dec 23, 2007
So Cal
Detector(s) used

The bedrock is shallow, the pic's don't show it, lots of cracks and crevices and only a foot or less overburden in most places.
When we get gully washers, it moves a lot of material, takes out the road every so often. The National Forest is right next to me and their not conducive to anyone doing anything. I'm hoping the nuggets make it down to my 1,000' of river, tons of black sand with micron and flour gold, may have to set up for mainly that. Requested application for permit before holidays hasn't arrived yet, put in another call yesterday.
Big Fish: Let me know if you want some help up north later in the year, I'll be driving that way a lot anyway and a few more miles won't hurt. :)
Best wishes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread