Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jul 2007
    CT
    Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 1 1/2" Subsurface Dredge, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
    11 times
    Prospecting

N.C. Where to go for gold panning and sluicing

I'm planning a late spring trip to NC for a visit to a friend. Any gold panning area recommendations or areas I should check out for nugget shooting with my dectecors?-Sluicedog

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Mr. David J. Oliver

Sep 2006
    Johnson City TN
    Pioneer 202
    1 times

Re: N.C. Where to go for gold panning and sluicing

Quote Originally Posted by Sluicedog
    I'm planning a late spring trip to NC for a visit to a friend. Any gold panning area recommendations or areas I should check out for nugget shooting with my dectecors?-Sluicedog
    If Your In The Vicinty Of Marion Try Thermal City I Had Good Luck Last Fall There And The Area Around Linville (Grand Mother Mountian) Streams Looks Promising
    Dokingsport

us
    Jul 2007
    CT
    Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 1 1/2" Subsurface Dredge, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
    11 times
    Prospecting

What type of luck did you have. Did you pan, sluice, trommel or metal detect at Thermal city. Did you work riverside with a purchased bucketful? I have all the above equipment except a trommel...I usually use the combo of pan & detector, or detector & sluice-SD

Mr. David J. Oliver

Sep 2006
    Johnson City TN
    Pioneer 202
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Sluicedog
    What type of luck did you have. Did you pan, sluice, trommel or metal detect at Thermal city. Did you work riverside with a purchased bucketful? I have all the above equipment except a trommel...I usually use the combo of pan & detector, or detector & sluice-SD
    I Panned & Sluiced in the creek up from thermal city is heather grove i used metal dector there and found some nice pickers on the edge of the stream
    Dokingsport

Sep 2007

Hey John?Have you done any prospecting around the Polk NC area or know of anything worth checking out there?

us
    Jul 2007
    CT
    11 times
    Prospecting

John-How would you describe the stream, slow,rocky,small? How deep did you find those pickers-how much time? Would you recommend I use my sluice in an area the MD finds a signal or just dig the finds?-SD

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors