Any Large Heavy Duty Classifiers on the market?

cali209

Nov 13, 2007
Northern California
I will be going thru a ton of tailings from an old hydraulic mining area with a lot of 2-4 inch rocks and I am looking for a classifier that is much larger than just the type that fits over a bucket.

I'm thinking maybe 2'x 3' in size would work and will probably have to custom build one...?

I would probably want a 3 tiered set up...1", 1/2", to 1/4"...with a big plastic tub on bottom.

Then take that and run thru a highbanker/sluice.

There is mainly fine gold where I'll be prospecting.

Anything like this on the market already?

Or am I getting carried away and a highbanker should work fine for this type of thing?

I just cant imagine dumping all them bigger rocks in the highbanker, even if doing it slowly...

Upvote 0

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cali209 said:
Nimby,

Do you know anywhere online that sells the thicker strong mesh I would need? I couldnt find any strong stuff at our local Home Depot.

I found this one online but not sure if its strong enough.

http://www.twpinc.com/twpinc/contro...ssionid=67D25120C37E67EDB5AFC0C9C4DEABD0.jvm1
Mc Nichols Co.
5525 W Latham St. #7
Phoenix, Az
602-447-0740

Talk to Junior Evans Real helpful, will send you a catalog Nice variety or if you don't want to wait for a catalog WWW.mcnichols.com
Their prices are OK, except when ordering less than a sheet, cutting charges get ya! Oh yeah, they can do some fabricating if you don't have a welder or someone to help you do the fabrication.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread