GOLD in Montreal River in Iron County Wisconsin??

rdb7

Apr 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace250 w/ eXcelerator 10x14 DD coil
i'm interested in a property in Iron County wisconsin.. for fishing...hunting...atv'n....etc

at first i was very excited about the possibility of gold panning as there is a lot of Montreal River frontage on the property.. and there are a decent amount of mines/claims that come up in the Mineral Resource Database System for that area.. and i read a lot of stories of people in Canada finding gold in/near Montreal River

it was only then that i read that the montreal river flows north :(

so that said.. it doesn't sound too promising to find gold in the Montreal River in Iron County Wisconsin does it?

Thanks!
Brian

Upvote 0

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Hi...it doesn`t matter which direction a river flows, if it runs over or through gold bearing gravel or veins, it will concentrate the gold there.

OP
OP
R

rdb7

Apr 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace250 w/ eXcelerator 10x14 DD coil
Rege,

The reason i mentioned that the river flows north as a problem is b/c there probably isn't any gold flowing up there from chicago.. whereas if it flowed south gold would be coming down from canada imo

Thanks for the reply btw!

-Brian

USAFM6

Mar 7, 2014
Tyndall Air Force Base Florida / Iron River, WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari & Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brian,
The gold was brought to Wisconsin by the glaciers not water flow and has nothing to do with the direction the river flows. Can't imagine how you would consider that gold travels that far by water action anyway. You're not understanding the concept for some reason.

Rege,

The reason i mentioned that the river flows north as a problem is b/c there probably isn't any gold flowing up there from chicago.. whereas if it flowed south gold would be coming down from canada imo

Thanks for the reply btw!

-Brian

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
look to see if anyone is dredgeing for sand/gravel deposits. then buy a couple of bags of thier product and pan it out. they can dredge deeper than youll ever be able to do. this would be the cheapest/easiest way to find out.

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
add a 2nd angle to this

Glad to see ol Russ is still alive and kickin for 2014 !!
Go find you a gravel pit near this river and get some sand from them, pan it out for gold. I may have to try this trick with some local gravel pits near gold bearing areas in Indiana/Illinois. Them guys dig down 40-100 feet which we could never do.

-Tom V.

look to see if anyone is dredgeing for sand/gravel deposits. then buy a couple of bags of thier product and pan it out. they can dredge deeper than youll ever be able to do. this would be the cheapest/easiest way to find out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread