Transfering a gold claim.... How to?

cali209

Nov 13, 2007
Northern California
Hi All,

I bought a gold claim from someone through a realtor (part of a land purchase deal) and its supposed to be transfered over to me but the realtor is asking me to file the claim. He sent me a claim form to fill out with all the coordinates and all that...none of which I know.

It seems he is lazy and wants me to do everything...or I just dont know how it works.

So what is the proper way of taking over ownership of a claim once you buy it off someone?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
It would seem to me you are paying him for his services.
He has all the information, and should have the form already filled out for you and your lawyer to look at and approve or reject. These folks need to do the job.

Did you look at this property and do a title search ?
Has the money already changed hands?
If so be prepared to file fraud suit against the realtor and the current owner,
If they are still around.

The paper you are saying you have to fill out needs to be completed ( by them) before the trx and only signed by you.
it needs to be in triplicate and you should have an original in your hands for your records.
The other copies are working copies and should be filed as the record of the sale.

Please don't tell me you paid in good faith for this property.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tard: STOP NOW !!! All that is required to obtain title is a simple quick claim from current owner--proof of all proper parerwork performed--and file a simple transfer with the BLM. Costs a huge $10 bill. You do NOT mention a CAMC number--if none there is NO CLAIM--your getting ripped off. Lousy realtor don't sound on the up and up either--AT ALL !! To file a NEW claim takes many steps and cost a couple a hundred--and it might already be somebodys else property by now?? Was annual labor performed?? Go to BLM LR2000 info site and check up ASAP--CAVEAT EMPTOR !! Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread