Gold Panning in NC

cshe091

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2007
During the summer I purchased a house with a large lot. During the closing I learned that my property had once been part of a gold claim. I did some research and found that there was an old gold mine located about a mile from my property. There is a small creekbed that runs through the property and I have panned some and found a few flakes. What I am looking for is someone who is in the Greensboro or surrounding area that knows how to pan and can show me some things that I might be doing wrong. I have the property you have the knowledge, so lets get together and find some gold.

Upvote 0

mr007s

Sep 8, 2007
Where the pavement ends in NC
Greetings 091

Your post caught my eye. I am located in Hickory. I would be interested in helping. How much creek footage is on your place? How much water is flowing? I ask because I have a dredge/ highbanker combo and a Keene sluice I could bring to demonstrate. I am off most Fridays and after Nov 17 th I am off until next Jan. If gas is available and you give good directions or gps coords we can plan a day to explore your creek. please PM if this is acceptable.

jgowans

Sep 19, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Before you dig and waste time, check with data from the USGS. They did the leg work.
I have some maps and reports I would be happy to send to you.

SandFiddler

Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's BHID
scruggs said:
I live in High point and have panned in the area as well as in Georgia. Email me and we could set up a time to meet.

Are you related to Earl?

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
cshe091 said:
During the summer I purchased a house with a large lot. During the closing I learned that my property had once been part of a gold claim. I did some research and found that there was an old gold mine located about a mile from my property. There is a small creekbed that runs through the property and I have panned some and found a few flakes. What I am looking for is someone who is in the Greensboro or surrounding area that knows how to pan and can show me some things that I might be doing wrong. I have the property you have the knowledge, so lets get together and find some gold.
I'm in NC and have panned several of the old mines in the area. I'd be interested in helping as well.

goldfever1978

Sep 2, 2009
Concord, NC
I know this post is old but to any of you NC guys or anybody for that matter that needs some panning/sleucing, highbanking, or dredging partners just let me know. I live in Concord NC, and am always looking for some people to find the yellow stuff with. Just let me know!! :headbang: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread