pond needs dredgeing

bak

Jul 28, 2005
Have a spring fed pond near Julian Ca. also another 250 acres sheds into it. Julian is an old gold mining town east of San Diego, we are at about 4600'. In Oct. 2003 we had a major fire which resulted in a lot of silt coming into the pond. This past winter we had 50" of rain at our elevation and near 70" on top of the mountain so we had some gully washers, rocks in the canyon are scrubbed clean.
We tried to excavate the majority but cannot get to the stuff on the bottom. Pond is less than 14' deep. We did hit a pocket of sand which seemed completely out of place whatever that means.
I don't know anything about gold except women love the stuff. My interest is getting the pond dredged out. If someone was interested in doing so and did not find enough gold I would be happy to pay a reasonable amount for the work.
Would be an interesting opportunity for someone I think.

Upvote 0

josh97523

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2005
I would probabley be interested. I live near palmsprings. Lets talk my name is Marvin my phone number is 760 366 2632. have two dredges thanks

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Josh.....Hate to be the bearer of bad news...A regular gold dredge will only move the material to another part of your pond. You need a reclamation dredge which pumps the material out of the pond...Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread