Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an email I received from a friend this morning. It would be nice, if the more intelligent in this country, could help us design and implement this new technology, no?

Japanese Ingenuity -- Save your plastic

This is one of the most amazing emails and break throughs in technology ever seen!!! Why isn't this being

done NOW???

A very sensible way to save what we are destroying!

A case of Japanese ingenuity and perseverance. What is more important would be the marketing and very

low cost to make it mandatory to have one of these in every home. Or on a larger scale, having cities,

counties, and/or states investing in this! An invitation to this genius should be extended by every community.

The sound is all in Japanese. Just read the subtitles and watch. What a great discovery!

Man invents machine to convert plastic into oil - YouTube

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well...plastic is oil...so?

there was a program on PBS last night examining some of the newest attempts at avoiding the use of petro based plastic an tires...
the Japanese are using oranges to make tires...{each tire made uses 1 barrel of oil}, ford is using soy oil to make interior parts for the new cars saving many barrels of oil for each car...
wonderful things are occurring...manufacturing just needs to keep up with the new technologies.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting, I wonder how much energy is used to convert the plastic. That would be an important part of the equation.

Plastic recycling is nothing new, every town in my area has a recycling center.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread