Atlas Mapping Software

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, this is kind of a question/idea...

But does anyone know of a atlas mapping software that would give you the ability to put a pin into a certain spot, and also add info into those spots, such as treasure legends, leads, or research info? Or maybe even a separate log book where you can keep info on specific areas that you've pinned on the map of our country, as well as other countries.

I know Google Earth allows you to do something similar, but I'm looking for something that can be backed up to the hard drive, so that I can move info around as needed, or keep a backup copy on my external hard drive.

Also, just a good log book for treasure legends seems like it would help keeping everything together.
I just really like being organized (my treasure bookmarks, my treasure folder where I keep my digital files, etc.)

Any info on this would be great. If it doesn't exist, I think it would be a good idea! :)

Bran <><

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if this would be much help to you, but I have been using TOPO! for years. Make a map use the GPS to show trips to the area with waypoints etc. Add notes pins trails or other marks. Then save the map & related material to a file. As more information is obtained it is added to the file. Haven't had a need, but numerous maps can be combined into one map. If I want to have access to the information in the field, I burn it to a CD or transfer it to the laptop. Just my system probably not the best, but might work for what you want to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread