Quartz Gold

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice t, looks very grainy.Too bad it wouldn't make good cabs. Still very nice :occasion14:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey T, you've gotta quit showing the "decent stuff" to us! I swear you gonna start an Alabama Gold Rush:occasion14:

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what do you do with something like that? Sell it as a specimen or bust it up with a hammer and pan it out?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crush and extract most . Save a few . I've sold a few . I've gave a few as presents .
Don't bust it up! May be worth 2 or 3 times the spot as a specimen. Check the amount of gold by using the specific gravity test. Then contact someone to determine the best way to cut the thing up and polish the pieces. That will further enhance its value. TTC

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If those commercial guys don't have all their ESA, EIR, junk up to snuff, you can pull an "enviro" on them by threatening to sue - just sayin.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crush and extract most . Save a few . I've sold a few . I've gave a few as presents .

Put me on your Christmas list! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure T, I'll take it ONLY if you accept this Super Bowl coin I have as a trade. Nope, it's only gold plate. I'll wipe off the prints and put it back into the plastic protector. Deal? TTC

DSC00377.JPG DSC00378.JPG

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
TAKODA

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't bust it up! May be worth 2 or 3 times the spot as a specimen. Check the amount of gold by using the specific gravity test. Then contact someone to determine the best way to cut the thing up and polish the pieces. That will further enhance its value. TTC

You'd like to think that .. but not every piece of rock with some gold on it will fetch
a premium based on the " specimen factor " . Wish they did .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread