Hard rock dig

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Its hot now !!

we switched up to night mining to deal with the heat n bees !!!
im still gun shy from that bee attack last year!

And still havnt been back over in that area, and theres gold to be had over there!!!!!!

we are working two areas right now a drywash diggings, and a little pocket we found last year, we are doing some finish up work on the pocket,
managed to stretch it out and found another pay zone, I will work a pan later today and get a pic .

I have a whole day of samples to crush n pan. im thinking I got this one cleaned out maybe one more day?

Dry washing the rest of the week, only got a few weeks left till the rain ?
working a saddle that I have a hunch might kick out a nugg or two, I found some chunky stuff there a few months back, now we are going to dig in and see.
might find a vein here, as the crumbs im finding are crystalline.

Pics are of the vein, notice how well defined it is making it easy to follow, it has a strong hanging wall, make it hang in place, I dig along the slip were its easy, I can get down next to the vein leaving it in place till I get the trench deep enough. Then I break out the bleeper and see if we are lucky and hit course gold, I use the old gold bug turn up the sens, go to no motion, and with any luck I get noise and the hunt is on. veins like this can give speci gold, that's why I dig the way I do, don't crush the Purdy stuff.

I have the small oval loop and run it along the length of my vein, marking the spots where I get noise, as those are my pockets and they go into my high grade bucket.

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Tramp

I was thinking you melted I hadn't seen any of your posts lately.. Looking good and gods speed..

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tramp

I was thinking you melted I hadn't seen any of your posts lately.. Looking good and gods speed..

was off trying to get my web site fixed, it was a big waste of time, spent the time I took off from the hills in front my computer got to frustrated......

Now we are back at mining ( night mining ) freekin bees are insane during the day!!!!!

hauled out a decent pocket yesterday, we are back at drywashin now, just doing some dirt moving, in hopes of hitting a nugg to sell, then we are heading out to the east and some fresh digs. still trying to get a pan together for a pic, seems the Bulk of the gold I was seeing turned out to be sheelite?

you guys still getting crumbs on your claim?

Herb...........

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup, the biggest from the last trip. Only four ours run time, water problem and footvalve and hose, ect, ect...

Attachments

• 4hourBonnellpieces004.JPG
    4hourBonnellpieces004.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 131

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice Crumbs!!^^

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup, the biggest from the last trip. Only four ours run time, water problem and footvalve and hose, ect, ect...

I like to look at the little guys with microscope, looks like you all got a decent crystaline spot, those are good crumbs !!!

keep on the hunt your getting close........

Tree!

Jan 16, 2013
Inland Empire, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tramp.

I'm out here in 29 Palms too. I've been curious as to how you go about sampling and finding a vein or deposit without jumping on someone's claim.
Seeing as the whole saddle and everywhere else is claimed up from what I've found...

I'd really like some good advice about this kind of thing from you. Seeing as you've been at it out here for quite some time now. I'd be grateful if you would be so kind to share some knowledge with a dedicated prospective miner!

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tramp.

I'm out here in 29 Palms too. I've been curious as to how you go about sampling and finding a vein or deposit without jumping on someone's claim.
Seeing as the whole saddle and everywhere else is claimed up from what I've found...

I'd really like some good advice about this kind of thing from you. Seeing as you've been at it out here for quite some time now. I'd be grateful if you would be so kind to share some knowledge with a dedicated prospective miner!

Stop by this weekend we can talk some gold. I sent you a PM.
I always like to get a visitor who wants to talk hard rock seems to be rare critters these days.
Herb.........

Tree!

Jan 16, 2013
Inland Empire, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stop by this weekend we can talk some gold. I sent you a PM.
I always like to get a visitor who wants to talk hard rock seems to be rare critters these days.
Herb.........

Reply sent.

I would definitely enjoy to talk hard rock. But I'd probably be pretty quiet. Seeing as I'd be learning hard rock. Very interested in it though. Very interested

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread