HELP WITH VEINS

605dano

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an outcrop on a claim I own but am having a hard time figuring out where the gold might be hiding. Most of the vein is hidden under overburden but where I did some excavating. and some small outcroppings I can see different mineralizations. Assays [3] on quartz were .1-.5 oz per ton. Mainly just some float. Very little sulfides in quartz. I can see mica, biotite, tourmaline, pyrite. feldspar, and a black wall material that smells of sulphur when broke with hammer.There are different veins with ruby red quartz, yellow quartz, bluish clear quartz and some milky sugar quartz. There is also a fracture in the middle filled with a dirt clay mixture. One vein is white material I originally thought was feldspar but under a hand lens looks like granular quartz and several other small crystalized materials. I crushed some of that black sufide and got black mud but there were a couple of matchhead sized crystals of a green mineral, maybe epidot? I am in an old mining area and there are at least a dozen old gold mines within a mile of here. Any ideas where to look next? Here are some pics if I can figure how to load them.

Attachments

• 003_2.JPG
    003_2.JPG
    411.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 004_2.JPG
    004_2.JPG
    284.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 005_2.JPG
    005_2.JPG
    489.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 007_2.JPG
    007_2.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 011_2.JPG
    011_2.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 012_2.JPG
    012_2.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 139
  • 015_2.JPG
    015_2.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 150

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The "Veins" are sitting strait out.. the problem is they are exposed Vein 1/ and 3 are sweet good mineralization i would pry out the vein in (white) crush grind pan.. as for #2 meh leave for later... #4 dig dead center nice mineralization, #5 Right along the Rose red quartz.. and the side walls ... look for Pyrite.. im seeing copper there as well.#6 follow #5... leave #7 for later... as for the "Exposed problem" well mother nature..acid rain and many other factors "Bleach" out the minerals at the exposed area.. over time you end up with less mineralization and more "Bull" quartz.. Dig in there and find the minerals.. looking for iron copper silver and Hematite.. when in doubt Crush Grind Powder, PAN! and all will be in front of you to guide you to the best spot.. Dont be afraid to remove 10+ feet of mountain or rock beffore you get a good picture of what your digging into!

Good Luck! and may you be blessed with more gold than your kiddos can haul down the hill!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread