Finally getting closer.

OP
OP
E

eric91m

Oct 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really cool. I knew that this could be done out west! Idk man id be pretty protective. What you should do is go down to the home depot and hire 4 mexicans to dig buckets for you. Tell em $10 per bucket they can hike out for you. Thats my plan haha!

Lol if only it were that easy. Closest home depot is about 70 miles from my house and Mexico is a bit over 1000 miles. I'm planning anotger trip up there soon (3 hour trip using a lot of 4 wheel drive).

Come on!, your messing with me right? I might need to rethink my strategy. I dont know if dredging is the way to go. Im on $2-$5 yard dirt...

There is nothing wrong with dredging. I enjoy it, so much easier then hard rock but the pay is better on the other side. Who wouldn't take 1oz per ton or above?

If that's the pay search for a better location (if possible), you know where your for sure gold is but what else can you find? If possible try locating the source or see about a deal on a better claim, never hurts to try.

As far as soil samples the trees wouldn't be able to grow in the locations, not enough nutrients as far as I understood it.

Planning another trip to figure out a route to get to the prospect site, but this time planning to find a route I could take a trailer on. No way to mine it without equipment.

Claim is mineable year round, but for 5 1/2 months I must find another water source. Options I'm seing is possibly a well, transporting in truckloads of water, seeing if I can use a recirculating system with tanks, or stockpiling water in storage tanks during the allowable months (I'd need about 800 gallons a day or 162000 stockpiled, I have 20k of tanks on hand)

Not sure what I'll wind up doing yet. My guys have flown in to look at this new site, hopefully the samples we take to a deeper depth are still rich. Samples came back at 1.81-8.74 oz per ton. We're planning on getting a few (8) 16 foot deep core samples to have tested.

The claim(s) (will be 7 different claims) will be filled Monday, once approved I'll share the location of this find.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well there were no documented reports of gold in california till there was one

send me the gps numbers and I'll check out those trees for ya

:laughing9: BWHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!11!!1!!1 :laughing9: