Is this what im looking for?

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
I guess i could answer that by crushing and panning. Im new to playing with jagged rocks! I prefer round river washed variety going through a sluice.
I found these near an abandoned unclaimed mine on blm land here in colorado.
Its rusty crusty with quarts. The matrix that the quarts is in is my confusion.
Looks grainy textured like granite, but its not granite. Its white and feels raw like marble but harder.
Oooo this is fun!!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433859882.072981.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433859904.276976.jpg

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Falcon MD20 would help... Little currency microscopes (dirt cheap on e-bay) will let you see the gold sometimes...

Besides crush and pan..... Research.. Research and more research... If you are in a gold bearing area, especially if its been heavily mined, there are
going to be tons of reports, then some more reports... And then even more... From what I've come across, every area is different, the gold is
in different looking rocks in different places... Each place formed differently, whats even more fun is if you can figure out where the main veins are... Try
all kinds of different search terms... My Dad has been digging into our area for over 6 months, and he comes up with new and interesting reports, books,
articles constantly.. As he researches more, he learns more terms, and searches for that which leads to even more terms etc...... The research can be
kind of fun too, you can dig up a lot of old local history.

You will soon wish you were a geologist... And get a good belt so your pants don't fall down.. Rocks are addictive, and they seem to find their way into your pockets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread