!!!! HELP WITH BIG ELECTROLYSIS CELL TO RECOVER GOLD FROM CIANIDE LEACH!!!!!!

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S5031324.JPG this is the Ore I'm planning to process with the Gold Cube and Mercury. It's well Oxidized on the Shafts walls due to more than 100 yrs of exposure. I processed some of it years ago with a pan and found good fine gold but I think its rich in Silver. We'll see if I'm Right.I'm hoping to find a partner with a rock crusher and Grinder and maybe a big shaker table..that would be awesome.

Last edited:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can get 4 lbs of slaked lime at Walmart (garden shop) for about $4. This is a great buy and more than you likely will need since you are getting over 1800 grams and only use 10-11 grams per liter of solution. Of course, if all goes well, you might eventually scale up. :)

I found NaOH for about $5 for 2 lbs, so the lime is the better buy. Your prices may vary. :)

CORRECTION--use about 10-11 grams of either lime or NaOH, so just buy whichever is cheapest--which looks like lime. DistribudorUSA, I know you have now likely decided not to use cyanide, but I thought I should correct the NaOH value.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Dave..for now Cyanide is out of my league..even though mercury is is still dangerous.its more simple to use.I will make sure I take every safety precaution. but your info is much appreciated. I'm hoping to one day be able to do a big heap operation. even if is once a year.. I can't wait to start mining in Old Mexico...

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mercury is not that dangerous if handled properly.
hint keep it in a Sodium Hydroxide solution to keep it active and keep from forming vapors.
Cyanide is also not that dangerous as sodium hypochlorite (bleach) will kill it quickly.

when i do amalgamation i use a very weak Cyanide/soda ash solution along with Trisodium phosphate (TSP) in the water of the amalgamator. this cleans the gold so that the mercury sticks easily to the gold.

hint on the size of the retort you want. Get one that will take a small fire assay crucible in the retort pot.
Then you can put the amalgam in the Fire Clay Crucible and put that in the retort pot.
Once you have fired off the mercury from the amalgam you can take out the Crucible add flux and fire your Dore bar without having to handle the gold. and without it sticking in the retort pot.
http://www.lmine.com/product/17604-25.html

i use a propane fired Pot Furnace set on low and set my retort pot in it to drive off the mercury then once the mercury is driven off i can take the Crucible out of the retort add flux and set it right into my Pot Furnace turn up the heat and melt the gold and pour my dore bar.
http://www.lmine.com/product/27403.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Augolminer..I have some questions please...on this pot oven.do you capture the Mercury back?..and do you charge the Mercury?..I heard mercury discharges if stored in Water..but then again.. it needs water in the amalgamator...I was told just to use a weak Lye solution to clean the ore..have you tried that?..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread