Old Lode Mine Research

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy has a cabin and we found an old hard rock mine by it. We are trying to find more information on the mine. We found what we are pretty sure is the claim name, and an old newspaper article we think to be talking about the mine, but that's about it. I have the Minerals Availability System number, but can not find any way to search for it.

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
My buddy has a cabin and we found an old hard rock mine by it. We are trying to find more information on the mine. We found what we are pretty sure is the claim name, and an old newspaper article we think to be talking about the mine, but that's about it. I have the Minerals Availability System number, but can not find any way to search for it.

Look it up via the Mineral Resources Data System

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

This page should look it up. Then click on the mine and check the referenced papers in the report.
https://mrdata.usgs.gov/mrds/find-mrds.php

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread