• F3B44F2B-D164-45C3-A8CF-9D1AA84355F5.jpeg
    F3B44F2B-D164-45C3-A8CF-9D1AA84355F5.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 89

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure but seems to be a vein of quartz mixed with slate (maybe in a spider web pattern) between other country rock or a pretty much all quartz vein shot through a slate deposit. The 1 to 82 OPT is probably Gold or Silver but the 82 ounce assay has to be non representative of the whole vein eg. it is a "high graded sample collected from an area of obvious mineralization with little to no gangue material (slate, non mineralized quartz) collected with it" where other samples had some or significant gangue. The main mineralization in the quartz is likely pyrite of some type.

Good luck.

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since native copper was found with it or near by some of the pyrite may be chalcopyrite which is a high grade copper mineral though they are not normally found together according to this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalcopyrite. Despite what that says the copper/molybedenum mine that I worked for was primarily chalcopyrite but they also found some native copper in the pit while it was under development. There are some small noted primary gold deposits nearby also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bender

Jun 11, 2016
Northwestern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks for the info folks... much appreciated. Going to do some exploring on the property once the snow is gone!! ��

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a pretty brief report..anything with more detail? Sounds like a shear zone..slate makes a good trap for gold due to the high carbon content

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread