Mystery mine

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always looking for a exploration friend/partner out near there. I have other spots to retrieve treasures.

You seem spoilt for choice, must be rich already :occasion14:

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You seem spoilt for choice, must be rich already :occasion14:

Not rich yet, still working. Trying to retrieve treasure in a week's vacation, doesn't seem to work. It's mostly just something to do. Exploring Wilderness areas is more exciting than TV. Dowser

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We carefully removed large hand sized boulders, purposely stacked up to conceal a 3 ft opening. We didn't have gloves, and it was difficult to remove a rock without getting picked. Once I got most out of the way I couldn't enter because of 2 inches of flat cactus needles, a carpet of cactus needles was on the floor. It was Sunny out, so shining a flashlight into the hole didn't show any distance. It could be only 3 ft deep and I couldn't tell with the flashlight. I've been exploring for years since I had first located this, and I've seen many pac rat nests, to know that these needles had blown in a grapefruit sized hole. How many years does it take to blow needles in. Makes me wonder if it's older than 1890. My guess is that someone had concealed a old Spanish mine. Maybe it's all mined out, but someone had concealed the entrance many many Cactus needles ago.
You're in Arizona, or anywhere for that matter & you don't have at least one pair of gloves in each of your vehicles? I have two pairs of light duty & one pair of heavy welding gloves in everything I drive. Small or medium pry bar doesn't take up much space. Even in the city a noggin knocker is a good thing to have. BTW one of those little 5 or 6 blade grass rakes will help you out with the spines. Take a spare pair of boots too! It'll save you two weeks of picking spines out of your floor mats! You got a decent pair of tweezers?

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're in Arizona, or anywhere for that matter & you don't have at least one pair of gloves in each of your vehicles? I have two pairs of light duty & one pair of heavy welding gloves in everything I drive. Small or medium pry bar doesn't take up much space. Even in the city a noggin knocker is a good thing to have. BTW one of those little 5 or 6 blade grass rakes will help you out with the spines. Take a spare pair of boots too! It'll save you two weeks of picking spines out of your floor mats! You got a decent pair of tweezers?

I wasn't expecting to discover a hidden mine. It was my first time in Az, and I'm from Michigan. No gloves. I thought about a rake, or maybe roll heavy plastic ahead of me. Just hope dynamite isn't under the needles when I take. Gotta think about boobytraps. Since I opened the entrance in 2004, I'm sure something might have moved in. Hopefully the little round smoke bombs will help. Boots and heavy gloves, bright light. Thanks

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...Couldn't make it there this year, hopefully next year.
It's only June...Plenty of the year left to get back out there.
If you can't make it back this year, does that mean we'll hear more bits of the story one post at a time for the next 10 months? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I am confused by your posting style. Why add a little to the story every few hours/days?
Maybe it's just a story?

- Brian

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't expecting to discover a hidden mine. It was my first time in Az, and I'm from Michigan. No gloves. I thought about a rake, or maybe roll heavy plastic ahead of me. Just hope dynamite isn't under the needles when I take. Gotta think about boobytraps. Since I opened the entrance in 2004, I'm sure something might have moved in. Hopefully the little round smoke bombs will help. Boots and heavy gloves, bright light. Thanks
Kind of missed my point. Gloves & a small to medium pry bar, and a small shovel should always be in your vehicle no matter where you are. Trust me, it'll save you from pounding your head on a rock repeating over & over "Dang! I could sure use a pair of gloves & a shovel."

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's only June...Plenty of the year left to get back out there.
If you can't make it back this year, does that mean we'll hear more bits of the story one post at a time for the next 10 months? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I am confused by your posting style. Why add a little to the story every few hours/days?
Maybe it's just a story?

- Brian

I posted in search of someone else being interested. I don't live there, I only can vacation there at this time. I will eventually return, after I retire in 2019. Sorry to drag it on. I want to see what's there, but can't get there at this time.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I posted in search of someone else being interested. I don't live there, I only can vacation there at this time. I will eventually return, after I retire in 2019. Sorry to drag it on. I want to see what's there, but can't get there at this time.

Nevermind. I'm tired of dealing with wanna be flatlander miners who think they struck it rich because they found a hole in the ground in Arizona. If you didn't even have a pair of gloves with you, you are woefully unprepared to mine here.

Do yourself a favor and PM somebody from Arizona the GPS of the mine so we know where to recover your body because you wont listen.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevermind. I'm tired of dealing with wanna be flatlander miners who think they struck it rich because they found a hole in the ground in Arizona. If you didn't even have a pair of gloves with you, you are woefully unprepared to mine here.

Do yourself a favor and PM somebody from Arizona the GPS of the mine so we know where to recover your body because you wont listen.

I have owned a house in Camp verdy, lived there and worked there. I explored great distances in remote areas. I have Dowsed much of the sourounding counties, discovered multiple abandoned or played out mines. I don't live there now. But when I get back, ill survive. Thanks for being concerned. And yes I'll bring gloves.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have owned a house in Camp verdy, lived there and worked there. I explored great distances in remote areas. I have Dowsed much of the sourounding counties, discovered multiple abandoned or played out mines. I don't live there now. But when I get back, ill survive. Thanks for being concerned. And yes I'll bring gloves.

Do you mean Camp Verde?

Heavy Pans

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are tens or thousands or prospects that were driven into a vein looking for values all over the state...usually the first clue is the size of the dump if it does not look very developed it might not have much inside..or could be very old and the dump has eroded away to nothing.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are tens or thousands or prospects that were driven into a vein looking for values all over the state...usually the first clue is the size of the dump if it does not look very developed, it might not have much inside..or could be very old and the dump has eroded away to nothing.
The fact that the entrance was hidden peaked my interest. I’ve learned a lot about Gold ore and mines since 2004. I don’t know enough to explain why the tailings were laid flat not piled up. Unless they were placed by hand. Yes it would take an experts opinion to explain what happened there. I will post and keep all informed on the outcome. Dowser

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread