Gold reef 16 meters down

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, been a while since my last post, been busy mining and processing and life I guess.

Anyway thought I would share this video of one of my newest shafts, we hit a good reef and now going to drive down and make adits. The reef is 56cm and growing grades vary between 3 and 18 g per ton, the upper part being 3g per ton, the middle being 7g per ton and the bottom 10cm or so being 18g on fire assay.

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Located next to old diggings and the use of divining rods. Let’s see how it progresses.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
most interesting, do keep us posted

edit: some other questions come to mind - if you are bored, lol
when were the 'old' diggins made? do you know by whom? any production records?
how do you think the oldsters came to dig there? any physical surface indications?
and a bit more pointed . . . .
did you do the dowsing or a 'professional'? are the rods special?
have you found hidden reefs before?

just curious, Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure will do.
The mine was first registered in the 1970’s the diggings look maybe 20 odd years oldand the shafts are mostly collapsed, all are however in a line indicating going down on the same reef. No production records that I am able to locate, I have owned this mine for a year now but until now have been busy on my other mines which are 20km away from this one.

No surface indications that are visible although it is next to a large visible rubble bed that contains gold but at a low ratio, tested it around half a gram per ton.

I started dowsing for boreholes, where I am I rely solely on underground water. I have since evolved this into looking for underground reef using copper wires, I have located several reefs in this manner now, I do also rely on the line of old diggings, the wires purely tell me where to position the shaft. I have not yet got the confidence to dowse for reeefs in virgin ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread