Very nice IMO

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. I hope you're all doing well and staying healthy as the Zombie Apocalypse marches on. I have a nice chunk of super rich ore I wanted to show you guys, and I also have a few questions.
First question is in regards to taking clearer photos. I am using my Android phone, with a 13MP camera and wanted to see if anyone could recommend any specific settings I should be using to possibly get clearer photos of my specimens. ISO, Resolution, etc. etc.
Should I take photos from a decent distance and zoom (or not), or take photos from a closer position? Any lighting recommendations?

My last question is in regards to the type of ore I'm looking at... Is this Greenschist?

Anyhow, the piece is not all that large as you can see, but it weighs between 6-8 lbs. It shows good amounts of gold on all sides except for the one side that shows no iron oxidation. One of the sides has a small crack across it that hosts a nice vein within it. On this face, but outside of the vein, there are numerous nice spots of gold scattered around.
The two small end faces both show good amounts as well, although one is noticably much more rich. Last, but certainly not least, one face is almost completely covered with gold. The gold on this face ranges in hue from bright, brilliant yellow, to a more dull yellowish orange, with some very nice areas that exhibit a beautiful reddish hue. This face has numerous spots where the metal has collected in vugs/cracks to form nugget like chunks, and a few veins. There are also quite a few spots on this face where the gold covers
areas of varying sizes, in what appear to be small plate like deposits.
Hopefully someone can answer my photo taking questions so I can update with better pics. Until then, I hope you all enjoy these... Take care IMG_20200514_140116760_HDR.jpg IMG_20200514_140227963_HDR.jpg IMG_20200514_140127024_HDR.jpg IMG_20200514_140149631_HDR.jpg IMG_20200514_140207132_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without getting into too much detail, it was found on a friend's ranch, here in Henderson. Thank you for the identification. I believe you are right. We actually have very very obvious signs of copper deposits in plain view here, and I find native copper in varying degrees all the time... But strangely enough, gold has proven to be more abundant thus far.... Although, that could be due to all of my energy being focused on gold. My friend has crushed, panned, smelted, and sold a few ounces worth of gold from this property in the last 6-8 months. There is a range in purity that doesn't appear to be attributed to location, ore material, or elevation as far as we can tell. It almost seems like it's randomly dispersed. We are in the process of trying to pinpoint what factors dictate higher purity levels in this zone so we might be able to reliably target deposits with the highest purity levels, but we're not there yet lol.
Edit- Side note: I may have figured out the camera issues. Gonna take some new pics in bit and add them if there is noticable improvement in quality.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread