Jun 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BlasterJ

Apr 2, 2020
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Silver, Lead, Zinc are often found together. And if they are blasting, crushing and processing huge volumes of ore for the primary commodity, they often have secondary circuits to recover things like Gold and Copper. You can read the reports for this place for one example:

Project Darwin, LLC.

OP
OP
B

BentFunky

Jun 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver, Lead, Zinc are often found together. And if they are blasting, crushing and processing huge volumes of ore for the primary commodity, they often have secondary circuits to recover things like Gold and Copper. You can read the reports for this place for one example:

Project Darwin, LLC.

Thx @BlasterJ! Appreciate the link. Good info. One of the pics of ore looks like the galena that’s I’ve found. In my case the, the ore is already in pieces on the ground for easy access. :)

OP
OP
B

BentFunky

Jun 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a gold bearing district galena is a great sign for gold

Just found a bunch of pyrophyllite. Already have seen kaolinite, chaladony, and hematite. Starting to look epithermal.

Speaking of pyrophyllite, anyone ever find gold in pyrophyllite?

OP
OP
B

BentFunky

Jun 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

@dave wiseman, appreciate the links. Google brain was my first stop. My question wasn't terribly clear, but I was asking about mineralization within the pyrophyllite rocks themselves. However, in retrospect, this is not a very good question.

In my defense, the pyrophyllite rocks have something interesting going on with them. With some testing, I'll figure it out.

In an effort to partially redeem this thread, I'll post a picture of the rocks that do have gold. These are NOT pyrophyllite. Didn't recognize it at first, but its vuggy quartz or vuggy quartzite (if there is such a thing), very heavily mineralized with hematite, jarosite (I believe), and various other minerals that have deposited themselves or crystalized inside the vugs. They become more apparent if you drop a chunk of this rock in warm HCL and wait a few minutes. Everything is better with warm HCL :).

Gold resides mostly in the dark portions of rock. Crushing is a pain. These rocks are rediculously hard.

20200715_110252.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread