Rock drill wanted

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you are not a charter member only charter members can reply with offers to sell, there must always be a charter member involved in sales and trades.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a few options online for the APT, which I believe would be the one you wanna look for because of parts availability. They run a 3-1/4" length shank from what I'm seeing, but you can cut off exactly one inch on the rods you have and it'll work. Just don't overheat the steel when you cut a nice parallel cut and dress the edges a little. Also a CP14 might be a good option also.

OP
OP
B

BlasterJ

Apr 2, 2020
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm...I have a nice drycut saw and access to a lathe, so I could definitely modify steels. It sounds like APT is cheap to operate and easy to rebuild? Atlas-Copco is pretty proud of their parts!

Oddly enough, APT is based not far from where I live. I'll have to look into this option some more. I wonder if they have a refurb program?

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah APT covers a lot a territory in the construction industry, but yes AC would be an expensive tool to maintain with less coverage in support. I've never heard of that Tamrock you mentioned and I used to work for that company, but I was at the division of all the larger capital mine equipment, such as track drills, jumbo and LHD's. There was a division called Tamrock Tools back then which went after the smaller construction line of business. I'd get calls for parts needed from time to time for the road dowl machines, but those had small hydraulic rockdrills that beat with such a high frequency you couldn't find a small little under an inch whirlie bit that would last long enough in that drill. A major headache I had when I covered Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico Arizona and Wyoming working for Brunner & Lay in the hey-day of new mines starting to go underground in Nevada with a few big underground copper mines still in action along with all the major projects happening in Albuquerque, SLC, Phoenix and a big New airport being built in Denver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions