MX5 vs MXT Pro

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How ya like that new Whites pinpointer? Looks like it could be better than the Garrett....?

The new TRX pinpointer is absolutely awesome!!! It has been flawless!!!

Attachments

• asset.jpeg
    asset.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 704

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The mx5 is a fully digital version of the mxt pro .. The mxt pro is part analog and digital. With the detectors all going fully digital these days they wanted to make their most popular machine and make it new. I have used whites machines since the 1970's and the mxt is my favorite. I do really like the mx5. Very good machine. Is it better ?? Well ive tested them side by side and to me they are the same. Same depth. Mx5 may be a tad faster. All of my targets were tested and all was equal. So if you want a lighter more weather resistant mxt pro then the mx5 is the one for you.

Now thats a real answer,,bravo:thumbsup:

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know sqat about those 2 but Monte has mentioned more than once that he likes the mx5.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't know who Monte is? Geez where you been? Lol

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it does..ground balances just like all mxt's only diff is it doesnt have trac lock..but the newer faster processor keeps the ground balance very close if not perfect..

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh Keppy, ever heard of research?

But the MX5 has no ground balance ………….

The MX5 has an automated ground balance, White's patented AutoTrac to be specific! It tracks the ground as coil is being swept across the ground matrix....AND it does a great job.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mont"e" is a member on another forum whose a plethora of md knowledge and wisdom.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monte is Monte Berry, a long time detectorist, one time Tesoro dealer, White's enthusiast and a very good source of information and experience regarding metal detecting.
luvsdux

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The MX5 has an automated ground balance, White's patented AutoTrac to be specific! It tracks the ground as coil is being swept across the ground matrix....AND it does a great job.
I just never took a close look at the MX5 i never saw a GB button on the face or a ground grab button .. Who would have thought that the pin point button was the GB button .. and since i never saw a balance button on it i just passed it over like it was a 250 or some other low cost detector..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry guys but the only Monty i knew about was Tnet monty that passed on..Now i know..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OK now i see Monte he is on the Whites forum i am there also … But i never really noticed him before ..

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's Electronics is their website, look at the specs

I just never took a close look at the MX5 i never saw a GB button on the face or a ground grab button .. Who would have thought that the pin point button was the GB button .. and since i never saw a balance button on it i just passed it over like it was a 250 or some other low cost detector..

Well... you still haven't quite got it yet, just turn it on with the power button and start hunting with the same settings you used the last time you hunted with it. The MX5 retains the setting even after it is powered down. The ground balance is automated, just start sweeping the coil. There is nothing cheap about this detector, except it is a bargain priced, mid-level machine that performs like the big boys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions