Garrett Ace 350 vs. Fisher F2 w/dd coil

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure fella enjoyed the ace 350 as much as i did

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1 on the f2 can get it for him with xtra coil or a pinpointer great machine for a 10 year old getting into the hobby the f2 has some features of upgrades later to come

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I have a 250 and I was really happy with it wheb I took it to the beach. I dug everything but I could tell you with certainty when it was a bottle cap (my wife uses them for craft).

-as for stability I don't know your beach conditions but I was able to use it in the wet sand and water. I discriminated the first 3 notches so iron, foil, and just below Nickle. One of the times I pulled a penny out of about 3" of water 7" deep on the sand. I am using a nel coil though.

-there is a good thing that I can see with going with the 250 is that you have the option to get a large coil to cover more ground. I was using a 13x14 dd coil and I was covering a ton of ground each time. I know the f2 has coil options but the ace has a wide selection between garrett and aftermarket if that matters to you

As for stock coil I get dimes and nickels 7" penny's at around 8" coppers slightly more. And quarters are just shy of 10"

The ace 250 or 350 is a deeper machine
The ace has 12 notch discrimination and target ID while the f2 has 8

More coil options for the ace.

Both have 8 sensitivity settings

The f2 has a 1-99 target ID number which the ace does not. This is really nice and is what I say evens the field on both detector making them a good choice either way.

Being that your son is 10 I would say go with the ace because the controls are slightly better labeled and layed out where a 10 year old would have an easier time working.

Second reason is because the ace has modes which you can push the button and go through preset discrimination such as coins, jewelry, relic, and custom. Which would be easy for a 10 year old to look at and change to look for coins.

Either way they are both really good.

I wouldn't way much on the fisher pinpointer. I have no personal experience. and could be wrong but everything I have read they are about worthless.

Also might consider the 250 over the 350 where as the 350 comes with the larger dd coil for about $80 more. If you are hunting more coins then relics the 250 has more notches dedicated for coin and jewelry targets. The 350 has more notches for iron if you would be relic hunting . Sorry I don't want to add more confusion most people don't realize that.

As for the Teresos I have heard really good things about them but being that he's 10 he will probably benefit from something with a screen.

Hopefully fisher fans wouln't give me to bad of backlash because I think they are equal but I recommend the ace with the age probably not going to take the time to Really learn the TID numbers combined with the simplicity of the aces operation with control layout and mode options I think it will be a better experience.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread