corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
okay, guys... hopefully someone can chime in and help me on this one. the only hunting I really do, is for civil war relics. my main machine I hunt with is the XP Deus. I love the machine, and it does great in trashy areas. I frequently hunt construction sites downtown, so that works out well. I haven't had much of a real world chance to test out the depth it has on a civil war bullet or button. I think it probably does okay, but I would like to be able to reach on down there for the deep bullets. that being said, I'm wanting to buy a secondary machine to use when I'm hunting bullets, buttons, etc... that might be fairly deep. I'm sure the Fisher F75 fits this bill, but it also has some features that I don't like/need. having to scroll through all the stuff you don't need, just gets aggravating. also, I don't like that it takes 4 batteries, and they are in a bulky box hanging off the back of the arm rest. I do like that it has the DP setting in tones. (I think that's basically like a full tones setting) I like the Teknetics Omega 8000, and the Fisher Goldbug, but I'm not sure if the depth is what I'm looking for. I like that they use only (1) 9 volt battery, and that they don't have the bulky battery box hanging down in the back. from what I understand, the F75 will go deeper on a bullet, but does anyone know what kind of difference we're talking about? obviously, there are many variables, but I'm just looking for a good average. I'm in middle Tennessee, and my soil isn't usually too bad. it would be nice to spend less money, but I'm more concerned with the performance and features that I'm looking for. any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
The F75 is a CW (good) relic machine, but the T2 is better for where you are even though the sensitivity has been cranked higher on the F75. Consequently the T2 is even better for hunting CW relics because it doesn't have to wiggle its way through all the other metals strewn all over the searching areas already creating such wide targets in the case of the F75. In fact, the T2 is more popular in greater Europe than the F75 for relic hunting, and THEY know the differences between them too and their ground is seriously packed full of junk. The Omega 8000 is a general purpose machine which specializes in target separation, and the Goldbug is (specifically) designed to find the tiniest of nuggets, and probably better than an other metal detector made for that purpose. It is a real bear to handle though if your soil has too much Fe in it. None of the detectors you mention above though are going to satisfy your every need. If you need one with a lot of toys or options to play with while being an ideal CW relic machine, none of them will suffice as a do-all detector, because that item does not exist. The above you mention are all different from each other, count on it. The GB Pro will work best on salt beaches than the three you ask about above, and in case you don't think so Dave Johnson says otherwise, so check his statements. Dave Johnson is the chief engineer at FT. If you only hunt CW relics a PI is your ultimate detector, not a multi frequency or single frequency VLF, but you will need a lot of strength because a PI does not mess around, it will find small metal so deep that you may want to toss the thing in a dumpster, or wrap it around a tree somewhere because discrimination with one is minimal, at best. .

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks for the info. I don't think a PI machine is for me. I'm sure that a CTX 3030 would crush just about any competition on depth, but they also will break the bank. and you're right, I think digging some of that stuff so deep would drive most people nuts, unless you had a site where you absolutely knew there were lots of good targets that were very deep. I also agree that the Omega 8000 specializes in target separation. I wonder how much depth one would lose due to that from the F75?? if I were choosing between the F75 and the T2, it would be the F75, because the T2 doesn't have the DP mode in tones. (or as I like to call it, "full tones")

OP
OP
C

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've just found out about the Fisher F70. that seems like a good compromise to me. does anyone know how the depth of the F70 compares to the depth of the F75 when using the same coil? I really like that the F70 is has a shaft mounted box, and that it also has the delta process option to utilize full tones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions