Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a racer 2 and its a solid machine and I heard people say it will out do the deus on the seperation well heres a video with a couple of nails and a silver dime to put the seperation to the test. The makro is a solid performer but imo thye deus outperforms it for a few reasons and I will show one of those reasons in the video and the other is the audio. The deus has a superior audio in full tones and the way it glides through the iron is awesome. These are 2 of the best at seperation in the metal detecting world imo.

Technonut

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2016
West 'By Gawd' Virginia
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 / Mars MD Tiger / CORS Fortune / CORS Point / Makro Pointer / DetectorPro Rattler Headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does the Racer 2 work in two-tone with your test?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT really does great in iron as well, low and slow it stiffs out the good stuff. HH

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
didnt use 2 tone for one reason I dont think most would use that setting so I dont know but I did here Keith Southern say something about falsing in 2 tone if you try it let me know. its like the video of the makro ,nokta guys doing the air test in all metal and hitting coins at 14 inchs , it doesnt matter if it will hit a coin at 2 ft if your not going to hunt in that setting its useless feature imo. The deus is different than the makro and whites I would suppose in it likes a more confident swing speed with a higher reactivity setting ,set the reactivity high and slow swing speed doesnt hit target as well. Wingmaster if you ever get a chance to put your hands on a deus ,take it to the thickest nails you got and set the reactivity on 4 and disc on 1 and swing away you will not believe what you here. It will count them off to you like a machine gun its almost unbelievable. btw the deus is deeper on small silver (dime) than the makro or fors core.

Last edited:

Technonut

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2016
West 'By Gawd' Virginia
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 / Mars MD Tiger / CORS Fortune / CORS Point / Makro Pointer / DetectorPro Rattler Headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
didnt use 2 tone for one reason I dont think most would use that setting so I dont know but I did here Keith Southern say something about falsing in 2 tone if you try it let me know. its like the video of the makro ,nokta guys doing the air test in all metal and hitting coins at 14 inchs , it doesnt matter if it will hit a coin at 2 ft if your not going to hunt in that setting its useless feature imo. The deus is different than the makro and whites I would suppose in it likes a more confident swing speed with a higher reactivity setting ,set the reactivity high and slow swing speed doesnt hit target as well. Wingmaster if you ever get a chance to put your hands on a deus ,take it to the thickest nails you got and set the reactivity on 4 and disc on 1 and swing away you will not believe what you here. It will count them off to you like a machine gun its almost unbelievable. btw the deus is deeper on small silver (dime) than the makro or fors core.

When I get a chance, I'll try a similar test, because most folks who use the Racer 2 would be in two-tone over three, since two-tone is the deeper of the two modes. :) As far as recovery speed, did you see the Keith Southern vid where the Racer 2 was putting a spanking on the F75, and Keith started more or less apologizing to F75 owners who may have been watching? Made me crack a smile for sure.. :)

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did I actually did the same test today with a f 75 with the nail long ways and a coin at the end,I will post it in a day or two the deus and makro blister it on that test.The racer 2 actually beats the deus on that test.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right now, for under $1,000.00, the Racer 2 Pro Pack is just about unbeatable. When you add the big 15" coil it is unbeatable in it's price range.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do agree with you Terry in its price range its a tough machine to beat but if I was gonna go that far I would put a little more with it and get a deus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread