Deus and Equinox unmasking test..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Equinox is a KILLER! :hello2:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just wondering Terry if its a serial killer??? :laughing7:

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's exactly why Multi-IQ/Multi-Freq is the future. Set it and forget it. The thing that also blows my mind is that the Nox does it all with an 11" coil. ELEVEN INCHES.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job, Explained very well!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So just from the video comparison above, how can anyone say that the Deus is worth a higher price than the equinox? And we all know that a comparison of these machines on the beach will be even more of a win for the minelab. I have never been crazy about a machine that has to be set up for what conductors you are hoping to find in order to get good results. A great machine should perform well on all conductors without major adjustments. We don't know what might be in the ground at a given site....so, for me I want a machine to find it all! Great video!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well until now the speed wasn't there for the thick iron ...it is now though..

fastliketurtle

Greenie
Jan 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if minelab is gonna bring out new higher end machines.. or will equinox replace them all.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well until now the speed wasn't there for the thick iron ...it is now though..

I have always been impressed with minelabs great ID at depth and wonderful performance on the beach. But for me in my style of hunting, iron has always proved to be a problem for the explorer, etrac, ctx, sovereigns.....but now....you said it. Things have changed. Waiting on my Equinox 800.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely couldn't touch an At Pro in iron.:tongue3:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely couldn't touch an At Pro in iron.:tongue3:

Go look at what it did to the AT GOLD with 5 x 8 coil.... I can HEAR AT GOLD USERS hearts breaking at this very moment ...:laughing9:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit....I have been a faithful AT gold user for the last two years(and Tejon) for most of my relic hunting, but I have always "liked" Minelabs, they were just to slow for most relic hunting. But now they have a machine that really seems to have it all! Or atleast it seems to have "all" that I want in a machine. And truly seems to be an all purpose detector. Garrett has said this about the ATP but it really is not a beach detector and (in my opinion) neither is the Deus. So now a person can buy one detector and truly use it with good performance anywhere! I believe this is a great step forward even for those who don't care for Minelabs...since this machine will force a few companies to try and keep up....

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to add one more great feature of this new machine is the price! The 800 is retailing for $899 with nice wireless headphones....I paid more than that for an F75 ltd several years ago and no headphones...not waterproof....single frequency.....etc....etc.... I know they are hard to get right now, but in a few months that will change.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This leads me to a question about the Deus. With the Deus’ ability to be upgraded, do you think XP will make it possible to upgrade the Deus to a multi frequency detector?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt it but I really dont know..

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another killer Test, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think R3 / R7 is "close" to being equal, after all you can bump the Deus up 2 more points to achieve max separation and the NOX only 1 more point.

I'd like to see this same test with Reactivity at 5 and Recovery at 8......wouldn't this truly prove which unmasks and / or is faster?

Also with no doubt multi frequency spanks the Deus, but to keep things equal as possible, just for separation speed testing, test the NOX in 20 kHz and the Deus in 18 kHz

I would do a video but I only have the NOX 600......

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash has proved that one big reason the equinox unmasks well is because of multi frequency....that Is why it generally beats the others out on finding both high and low conductors in trash without changing frequencies. By only using it in single frequency you are literally tying one arm behind it's back so to speak...

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash has proved that one big reason the equinox unmasks well is because of multi frequency....that Is why it generally beats the others out on finding both high and low conductors in trash without changing frequencies. By only using it in single frequency you are literally tying one arm behind it's back so to speak...
Agree 100%, actually it's like tying 4 arms behind it's back....but....my question is more out of curiosity just with flat out separation speed....if nothing else leave the NOX in multi and max out both machines at R8 and R5....in this current test the NOX is running at .875 (7 out of 8) of its recovery speed and the Deus is at .545 (3 out of 5.5) of its Reactivity speed...since the HF coils lowest setting is 18 KHz, a good test target would be a brass button instead of a silver dime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread