Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as I suspected with the higher frequencies on the Deus........"all other detectors Obsolete...." LOL I think not.

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having the nox at 7, almost the fastest recovery speed and the deus at 2, almost it's slowest recovery speed, makes it even more impressive.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nox is a great performer too... but imo in the thickest iron the nod still goes to the deus at this time. We will have to wait on the 6 inch coil to come out and see what happens then.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
both machines have their place, application varies according to person. I can see where the Nox would do a better job at the beach (but what do I know living in Arkansas). I wish that Deus would have a better water hunting set up and the multi freq would be nice too. I can easily see the nox replacing my AT GOLD

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was mostly why I went with the 600....waterproof, multi frequency, much better in the salt and mineralized soils...price is great for what you get...my gut was right, the 800 wasn't going to separate better than the Deus.....these are the 2 best relic machines out there....the AT series shouldn't even be tested against these 2 machines....2 totally different classes.

I'm putting my AT Pro and 3 coils in the Classifieds soon, at a steal as well.....

Last edited:

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see the Makro 2 or Kruzer on this test as well. I would have preferred the 6 inch on the NOX to begin with just have to wait.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see the Makro 2 or Kruzer on this test as well. I would have preferred the 6 inch on the NOX to begin with just have to wait.

Yes the 6" will be interesting, but as Toothpick mentioned, and as I did in a different head to head Calabash did, the NOX at 7 Recovery is running at .875 of it's total speed and the Deus running at Reactivity of 2 is only at .333 of it's total speed

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was mostly why I went with the 600....waterproof, multi frequency, much better in the salt and mineralized soils...price is great for what you get...my gut was right, the 800 wasn't going to separate better than the Deus.....these are the 2 best relic machines out there....the AT series shouldn't even be tested against these 2 machines....2 totally different classes.

I'm putting my AT Pro and 3 coils in the Classifieds soon, at a steal as well.....

FYI, I just auctioned my AT pro w/3coils on ebY....went for $630 + shipping, not sure if good or bad price but I was happy with it.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I was thinking about posting here for $350.....maybe Ebay is the way to go.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay is a good way to sell used equipment. I've been on Ebay since forever but don't sell much there.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice! I was thinking about posting here for $350.....maybe Ebay is the way to go.

You'll sell that thing quickly at that price here.....plus save the flea bay fees.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I thought about that as well, plus I'd rather see a member here get it, just sitting in my basement for the past 3 years....I'll put it up in May as I'll be out of town next week with no internet.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nox is a great performer too... but imo in the thickest iron the nod still goes to the deus at this time. We will have to wait on the 6 inch coil to come out and see what happens then.

Almost, totally agree. That was my experience with Smokey at a nasty mineralized site with a lot of iron and ration can pieces and there was just too much stuff under the Equinox coil. It will separate between them, but it just gets overwhelmed with too much under the coil edges. I say almost because I wish CD did the test with Iron Bias 0 on the Equinox. Not sure it would make a difference, but I suspect it might. But definitely should be repeated once the 6" shows up for the Equinox.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was running I.B. at 0 the other day and was locking on nails, dug about 10 of them, so I'd guess in CD's test the NOX would false on them as well.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes our site in Virginia is the worst dirt on earth. It's like digging for nickels in an iron mine. The Equinox's stock coil had trouble with small targets, even on top of the ground. (percussion cap.) And yes, the ration can pieces were everywhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread